Bluntness

I've also been told I have little tact, so if this offends you simply ride on.

Monday, June 25, 2012

Suunto - almost great, but not quite

After the bad experience with Polar, I looked around, there were other HRM's available but nothing quite caught my fancy till I saw "The Volcano."  Suunto's red faced HRM looked like it would give me everything I wanted in an HRM.  The monitor, itself, was and still is one of the most comfortable I've ever worn; there was no heavy plastic involved.  The connection to the transmitter, however, was a bit on the flimsy side and I so I purchased a 2nd just in case I broke it - which I did.  My main difficulty was with all of the buttons, too many, and the sequence in which they needed to be pressed was cumbersome at first.  Even once I'd become familiar it was not unusual to press the wrong button.  This was also my first experience with wireless transmittal of data, which was super!

Look at all the pretty buttons

I'm not longer using "The Volcano" because about 4 months ago it began exhibiting software issues.  I started having problems getting into the main menu so I changed the battery (you can do that with the Suunto) to no avail.  We went to Standard Time and I was stuck in daylight savings time.  And then the readout started fading and since I'd recently changed the battery I new that was not the issue, so the Suunto was retired.

No comments:

Post a Comment