Bluntness

I've also been told I have little tact, so if this offends you simply ride on.

Wednesday, September 24, 2014

Snakes Alive

I was in the lunch room yesterday and one of our hardware / cashier associates came up to me and asked "What would you do if someone came up to you with a snake around their neck?"  It turned out he had been working on the Outside Garden register and a female customer had come up to make a purchase wearing a Boa Constrictor around her neck.  A lot of people don't like snakes so why someone would go to a home improvement store with one around their neck is beyond me.  When the associate asked the girl not to get too close, she agreed, but her boyfriend evidently more then grunted his disapproval.  Me? I would have asked her if she had a thing for cold-blooded phallic symbols.  Nah, I probably wouldn't have... that might cost me my job.  But one does have to wonder if perhaps these individuals just happened to step out of the room on the day they were handing out brains.


Obviously they weren't thinking about the snake.  Yesterday was cool, the temperature only got up to about 65 degrees Fahrenheit - much too cold for a Boa to be outside.  Yet there they were in Outside Garden, where there is no roof, no heat in the winter and no air conditioning in the summer - jello heads all the way.  And while the associate was unhappy at having to deal with these people, I must admit to feeling sorry for the snake.  Of course, it it had been any warmer she probably wouldn't have had it around her neck, because then it might have started squeezing.  

No comments:

Post a Comment