It wasn't until I got home that I discovered she'd given me something extra: the authorization for the release of my medical information. This form is to be kept on file by them... and, of course, they don't have it. You can see it there, lurking beneath the disk.
Anyway, this shouldn't have surprised me. I suspect something went awry after my initial diagnosis and for reasons known to only them, they prescribed one of the most invasive, expensive treatments possible. They had 33 days to pre-authorize the claim and didn't... maybe they're just not used to having claims denied. I don't know about you, but I'm fairly certain this is their send off present, that my doctor / patient relationship with the Arlington Group has now been severed. This is life.