Bluntness

I've also been told I have little tact, so if this offends you simply ride on.

Saturday, July 4, 2015

Rohan Dennis, almost a yellow flier

It's the Fourth of July here, which means the temperature is supposed to be in the mid 80's without a cloud in the sky.  People do cookouts, and shoot off fireworks and more then one will have a few too many cocktails... except not today since it's a rainy, shitty mess here in Central Pennsylvania.  Right now the temperature outside is a damp, chilly 68.  I spent the better part of the morning and early afternoon watching the Tour de France.  I always try to watch as much of it as possible, however my crappy work schedule usually dictates I am stuck watch highlight shows.  Not this year.  Thanks to my light duty schedule I'll be able to watch quite a bit of the race.  Since I don't have cable, I purchased the streaming version from MSNBC, a first for me, and which looks to have been an outstanding decision.  No commercials at all.  Today was the first stage, and I watched the whole thing... without commercial interruptions.
Anyway, I'd like to send a congratulation to Rohan Dennis, today's winner.


He's from Australia, their 6th cyclist to wear the Yellow Jersey.  Not only did he win, he set a world's record for speed in a Time Trial averaging over 55 km per hour.  There were times he was actually peddling over 60 km per hour.  For those who don't know, that's over 35 miles per hour.  When was the last time you rode a bike that fast... or, maybe I should ask, when was the last time you rode a bike.
Anyway, here's Rohan, who not only was the speediest today, but who also has a snazzy name.

No comments:

Post a Comment