Bluntness

I've also been told I have little tact, so if this offends you simply ride on.

Friday, June 10, 2016

Painting, Hillary, Trump, and the Turner Idiots


Well, I had two consecutive days off in a row and accomplished much: yard work, and cleaning, and taking the dogs for a walk in the park (until it started to rain), and painting.  That's right.  I'm painting my bedroom - it's going from brick red to dusty olive.
In those two days lots of things have happened:  Hillary is now the presumptive candidate, Bernie is acquiescing, and Donald read from a teleprompter.  Donald also, evidently, told the RNC there was no need for him to raise $1 billion dollars to finance his campaign since he gets a lot of free publicity.  He has absolutely no idea what's coming.  The attacks have just started.  I suspect that by the time the election rolls around in November he's going to want to build a wall around himself.
There's a lot of ugliness on the Internet about Brock Turner and his idiot father.  Now, I'm not defending him, but he was drunk as a skunk and no where, in any of the complaints about his sentencing, do I see alcohol being mentioned.  This guy is a bad drunk.  Am I the only one who thinks this is a serious issue that needs to be dealt with?  Sure, he's going to be registered as a sex offender, but is anything being done to limit his access to booze?  I would think that would be a top priority.  Is someone going to sit him down and say "hey, Brock, you can't drink anymore because when you drink, one beer leads to two, and two lead three, and when you're drunk you do terrible things."  Jail time is fine for penalizing him, but is anything being done with the root issue?  I doubt it.
Anyway, as I said, I'm painting.  I hate painting.  I've been doing a wall a day, which is about all I can stand.  This will give you an idea of the change taking place:

The old color
Above is what it looked.  The painting is something my grandmother commissioned.. it's not bad for a pastoral scene.

The new color
Nice, huh?






6 comments:

  1. Like the new color.

    Brock Turner may be a bad drunk, but he is a rapist and needs to be punished fully and completely for what he's done. If someone, while drunk, plows into a crowd of people, we don't look at their alcohol issues, we look at the fact that they killed people.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree, I'm just saying that unless you deal with the root cause, he's just going to do it again, except next time he may not get caught. Paying the penalty is fine, but steps need to be taken to insure no one else gets raped.

      Delete
  2. I like the new color too.

    the rapist needs his cojones cut off; he'll never rape again!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like to give people the benefit of the doubt, but now, according to the LA Times, he's actually been using drugs and alcohol since high school & they lied in court. Sharpen your blades.

      Delete
  3. Definitely prefer the green. Great choice! :)

    ReplyDelete