Bluntness

I've also been told I have little tact, so if this offends you simply ride on.

Wednesday, May 24, 2017

Messiah Village Fail

So, the past 2 days were my weekend and I had so much I planned to accomplish and... well, that didn't happen.  They are ready to move my Mom out of the hospital, however they want her to go where she can have soft core rehab.  So, we're sitting there my brother's crazy christian wife says "I don't see why we don't send her to Messiah Village." Now, I have a big problem with Messiah.  They are the only facility that require you to fill out at financial application.  That's right.  Even if you're only going there for 2 weeks of Rehab, they need to know how much money you have in the bank, how much is in your 401K, what annuities you have, if there are any investment accounts, as well as your monthly income.  Also, they need to know if these are owned individually or jointly.  Oh, and don't forget, they're Christian.  Right.  They're out to make money.  There is even a sentence that states "I represent the resources listed above are and will remain available for payment of services I may receive at Messiah Village."  See what I mean?  They will reject you if your finances don't meet their requirements.  They are not Christian.
We're going to go with Manor Care.  They actually accepted my Mom yesterday afternoon without any questions about her finances, all we're waiting on is the transportation.


I suspect that my brother and sister-in-law are not happy.  This is life.  She was already looking dismal yesterday when I reminded her that my Sister would not want to drive the distance.  Actually, my sister-in-law lost the battle when she said that the day before my Mom had mentioned twice about her desire to go to Messiah Village.  My Mom has dementia.  I have little patience for a phony Christian who lies.  And tomorrow, I have another meeting at 8:30 in the morning.  Yippie skippie.

6 comments:

  1. My mother lives minutes from Messiah Village. All I know of them is they keep the grounds very nice. My grandmother had several friends who were there and said of different stories about the financials. like you stated That's crap. All they want is the money. I think you made a good decision. My mother works for HealthSouth there in Mechanicsburg, but they are short term rehab only I believe.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It cost money to keep those ground looking so picture perfect.

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. And, as you might suspect, she voted for him too.

      Delete
  3. Doesn't she know that god hates liars?

    I hope your mum does well in rehab, even without the help of the "lord"...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No, she believes all she needs to do is say "Lord forgive me," and the slate is wiped clean.

      My Mom will be fine as long as she has her glasses and a stuffed dog she talks to named Boo

      Delete