Bluntness

I've also been told I have little tact, so if this offends you simply ride on.

Monday, September 25, 2017

Dig This

So, yesterday I go down to the Service Desk to check on returns and I see this, a shovel in a cart.  A shovel that some moron returned.


Look closely.  You'll see that it's broken into 2 pieces.  If you look very closely you'll see that this shovel has been heavily used, and... some scumbag customer returned it to our store.  They did have a receipt, mind you, from a shovel which had been purchased 2 days ago.  I suspect that might be when this shovel was broken.  Anyway, yesterday this scumbag, using that receipt, returned the broken shovel.  And some dumbshit at our Service Desk processed the return.  Oh, and in case you are wondering, this scumbag customer didn't do an 'even exchange' they wanted their money back.  The fact that there are people who are reprehensibly dishonest bothers me, but that fact that some nimrod at the Service Desk didn't just out and out refuse... well, let's be honest, that person should not be working for us.  That clerk gave someone a free shovel.
Since I'm no longer in a position of authority, all I can do is piss and moan here.  Were I able to, the clerk who did this would be documented for their sheer stupidity.  People don't seem to understand that when you do returns like this you set a very bad precedent.

4 comments:

  1. I feel for the customer service people, they're damned if they do, and they're damned if they don't.

    I have a close friend who works in a customer service department. They are preached to by management to give the customer just about anything they want.

    When there is a return like the one you describe, if they refuse it, more often than not the customer asks for a manager who then approves it making the poor customer service rep look and feel bad.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, that's pretty much what happens because the managers are seeing the loss of possible future sales, the fact that they are setting a precedent doesn't occur to them.

      Delete