Bluntness

I've also been told I have little tact, so if this offends you simply ride on.

Saturday, November 18, 2017

History Lessons

Well, here it is, Saturday, and I'm pleased to report that some of the swelling has gone down... at least a little; I've been told to be patient.  I'm not a very patient person.  "Get it done, and get it done now," has always been my motto, and here I am, saddled with cells self-indulgent in their procrastination; taking their time.
So, one of the ways I'm whiling away the hours during my convalescence is by playing Assassin's Creed, Origins, which takes place during the reign of Cleopatra.  It looks great!  What the game helped me to realize is that when she was Pharaoh, the pyramids were already over 2500 years old, and they were sitting isolated in the desert, there were people all over the place.  We don't think about antiquities that way; we liked to think that they've been hidden away, buried by sands until we discovered them.  Wrong.  Oh, sure, some were, in fact they're still discovering artifacts today, but the big ones, people knew about them.  There were also lots of crocodiles.
This is odd because, almost paradoxically, those crazy christian billionaires of Holly Hobby are opening their own, special History of Christianity Museum today in Washington.  Some of their antiquities are... questionable, but that hasn't stopped the family from buying them up for years.  It may make money at first (P.T. Barnum was right) but eventually will end up being nothing more than a huge tax write-off.  I woke up around 0330 and knew this to be a fact, (I'm being serious here).  The failure of the 2 most popular monotheistic religions will be caused by their inability to grow, to change, to evolve.  They will only remain viable as long as they maintain a rigid control over a static environment, a path with no deviation, never moving forward, but only spiraling in upon itself will lead to their own failure and breakdown.  (Maybe I should start taking my pain drugs again).
Evolution happens - there's no stopping it.  You can not live in history, only observe it and learn from it.
Anyway, while I may be able to ride a bike on my trainer soon, I suspect my lifting, pulling, pushing, and carrying will be severely limited for about 4 - 6 weeks.  I say this because I measured my incision.  It's 3 inches long.  And we know the surgeon cut through my abdominal muscles in order to sew in mesh, and then he had to sew them up, which means they've got to grow back together.  This is life.

You can see these babies from miles and miles away.



4 comments:

  1. religion should be outlawed; biggest buncha horseshit EVAH!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have no problem with the Philosophical ones, like Hinduism and Buddhism since they are geared more towards helping you understand goodness rather than controlling behavior.

      Delete
  2. Glad to hear your mending well, but not to be rushed. Cleopatra and Egyptian history is most defiantly fascinating. I enjoy reading about it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Don't worry, I'm taking my time. And Ubisoft, the game developer, wins major awards simply by focusing on details. There's actually a side museum section where you can compare sites today and the way they're being represented!

      Delete