Oh, my, a late morning post courtesy of a dental appointment.
Right now we have 70 (F) outside and we have drizzles on and off since I rolled out of be this morning. Temps are supposed to climb into the low 80s (F). If the forecast for tomorrow is correct, we will be having rain on and off for most the the day.
Yesterday turned out to be sort of meh day. I postponed my workout until Saturday because I just didn't feel like doing it. What truly made it a meh day was my going in to work and discovering that I wasn't scheduled. Even though I'm part-time, my schedule is fixed... until it isn't. Because my work days never change, I never look at my schedule. This week I should have looked at it. In fact, my next 3 Thursdays are off. I was told I could stay if I wanted. 🤣😂🤣 So I came home and started working on the next book.
And the dental visit this morning? What was intended to be a routine cleaning has turned into a fiasco for the dentist. As I sat down in the dental chair, the assistant told me that my cleaning was scheduled to broken up into 2 visits because it was a "deep scaling," and that we were going to do the right side today. After cleaning the right my teeth on the right side, the assistant checked to see when I'd be coming in to get the left side cleaned and discovered I was only scheduled for one appointment. Can you see where this is heading? Of course, the receptionist affirmed that my dentist had wanted both sides of my mouth cleaned at the same time. What makes this fiasco even worse is that they cannot schedule me in to clean the left side until November 13. That's almost 5 months away. The receptionist is going to talk to the dentist on Monday. Here's what my teeth looked like before the cleaning.

ReplyDeleteLiving in a town of 60,000 people which includes 10,000 (no one ever knows for sure, apparently) I am disgusted but not surprised that the racists finally got their way. This is the town that first JD then OA stated has residents who eat cats and dogs.
The fact that these people pay taxes and support the community doesn't even occur to them, they just need someone to blame.
DeleteIf a black person and a white person have a baby it can be black brown or white. My mother told be a long time ago that eventually we will all be some shade of brown. Her friend had a black husband and one child came out white and the other was brown. In some parts of Toronto the population there are 60 percent brown or black. Very close to my house where I go to Costco, the area is 100 percent Muslim. When I got married in 1961 the area was 100 percent white Christian. Things are changing and I think for the better. Much more interesting, better restaurants and we all seem to get along. I love my Toronto except for the organized crime and kids who work for them. Gigi
ReplyDeleteYes, at some point in the future the we will all be brownish, and that's a future that some white people simply cannot del with.
DeleteIt's sickening. Other than indigenous peoples we are ALL immigrants here. Perhaps SCOTUS should pack their white robes and go.
ReplyDeleteHe's a repugnant chancre sore of a human being.
DeleteHello there. I can see that the early sections about weather, work schedule, and a dental visit are relatable and informal. However, the transition into political commentary becomes highly subjective and emotionally charged.
ReplyDeletegreat post
There's always the soft part, then the hard part, and always separated by a photo. That dental visit is probably going to turn into a real problem since they charged me for the cleaning of the left side rather than the right side.
DeleteHope the teeth on your left side don't fall out before November!
ReplyDeleteThey'll still be there, though I'm fairly certain that it will be a free visit since they'll be doing the work that should have been done yesterday.
DeleteJustice Barrett has adopted children of color herself. Then again she likes to think her own children are white. Wait until they get subjected to racism at the hands of her own conservative friends and neighbors, it’s just a matter of time.
ReplyDeleteAnd wait for the day when Justice Thomas gets denied entrance to a social club because of his skin color. Those two selfish ideologues will rue the day with their decisions.
-Rj
They will protected some what because they're her children, that can change on a moment's notice, though.
Delete