Bluntness

I've also been told I have little tact, so if this offends you simply ride on.

Wednesday, July 22, 2026

The Odyssey

Holy Moley!  Our over night temps dropped down to 69 (F).  Our afternoon high will be topping off in the low to mid 80s (F).  That's nice.  The humidity has dropped as well.  Here we are, a month into summer, normally the beginning of the hottest time of the year, and we're early June comfortable.  Believe me, this is good chainsaw weather.

I talked to my sister yesterday, and when I told her about the limbs and branches in my backyard, she said, "don't use a chainsaw," and then laughed.  She was quoting my brother.  He's terrified I'm going to cut off an arm or a leg.  He doesn't understand that I've used one for years.  For those of you who don't know, I have a number of large trees around my house.  Back when Gertie was alive, I had a 100 foot cherry tree come down.  Believe me, I was looking out the dining room window when that baby fell.  It went from vertical to horizontal in a second, taking out 30 feet of my fence.  That's when I got my first chainsaw.  Truthfully, I think my brother's practicing a age discrimination, thinking that I'm too old.  Hahaha.

Anyway, I was chatting with my trainer yesterday afternoon and told him I was thinking of using my heart rate monitor while I was sawing away today.  He was intrigued.  How does cutting up branches and limbs compare to either a workout or cardio?  So, I'm going to be monitoring myself.

And I went to see The Odyssey last evening.  I was curious how Christopher Nolan was going to handle the story, was it going to be straightforward, linear, or was he going to play with the timeline.  Luckily, he played with the timeline.  Every performance is solid.  It was nice seeing Tom Holland playing a young man for a change.  Is this movie woke?  Damn right!  Zeus's Law: treat strangers with kindness and consideration, you never know, one of them might be a god in disguise.  It's a code of ethics so many have no problem breaking.  Oh, and if you get the chance, see it on a really big screen.


And Holey Moley number 2!  Kegbreath Hegseth went to Congress yesterday to ask for more money to throw away on Orangie's war with Iran and got his ass handed to him.  His own words were used publicly mock him.  Jon Ossoff was spectacular.  Watching this smarmy assed sycophant being humiliated was simply wonderful.  When asked if a statement he'd made, 4 months ago, or 3 weeks ago, or even 3 days after Orangie started his war was true or false, Keggie simply repeated talking points.  At one point, after he brought up Biden, he was called a failure.  This is true.  The man's a frigging idiot.


3 comments:

  1. Our temperatures are about 10 degrees cooler than yours . Today we might get up to 70 degrees. It was so chilly last night that my dog asked to get in bed with me and snuggled up, to my back all night. I went out and pulled up weeds that were about 7 feet tall. All the recent rain made them grow so fast. Gigi

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ohhh
    I also saw The Odyssey yesterday and really liked it. I also saw it in big format. I am going to have to post about it .
    And Ossoff was great. Whiskey Pete is a dick.

    XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't believe how cool it is for late July!

    The administration is going to catch hell if more money gets allocated out. I can't remember who said it...but some representative asked how can they ask from taxpayers that much when most can't keep ends meet???? No answer.

    ReplyDelete