Last night our temp dropped down to 61 (F). That's good sleeping weather. If the long range forecast sticks, which is very unlikely as there's a tropical storm in the Gulf of Mexico that looks to be heading north, our daily highs should be in the low 80s (F). Our overnight temps should drop into the low 60s (F). Again, I can live with this.
I worked yesterday. Business was slow. I almost made my sales goal, but not quite, but that's about it. While not be super busy during the summer, we're usually steady. so selling installs and reaching our sales goals is not that big of a problem. However, things are much more expensive now then they've every been. We are offering promotions, however, 15% off a carpet installation is not a big enough incentive while other prices are constantly rising. I'm lucky in that I can work in 2 different departments, 3 if you count appliances. Many other part-time associates have only been trained to work in their home department. While full-time associates might think they're safe, many retailers see lowered sales as a good reason to eliminate those positions, replacing them with one or 2 part-timers who don't need to get paid for an 8 hour shift.
And I did buy a chainsaw yesterday. I bought the same model I used to own. I don't know how much I'm going to use it this morning, since I'm scheduled to work this afternoon. Tomorrow? Rain is expected.
Of course Howie is in stick heaven.



Dementia needs a full-time caregiver, and a padded room.
ReplyDeleteI had to chuckle when they tried to get him off the stage and he resisted.
DeleteOA too whacko to know he should be embarrassed. The noise level from the boos didn’t penetrate his pea brain.
ReplyDeleteHe is living in his Norma Desmond moment and always waiting for his closeup.
Delete¡ Arriba España, Viva España ! 🇪🇸
ReplyDeleteI’m glad Spain won the World Cup, they earned it !
But Trumpenführer had to try and make the celebration about himself as usual.
From what I’ve seen and read the fans from Argentina were disgraceful and terrible with their blatant racism towards other fans and disrespect for other teams. But that’s to be expected from a country run by Trump hack Milei, both leaders adept at spreading hate and division while poisoning the well.
-Rj