Bluntness

I've also been told I have little tact, so if this offends you simply ride on.

Thursday, October 8, 2026

Booing the Demigod

Holy Hannah!  Our overnight temp did not fall into the 40s (F), but stayed in the mid 50s (F).  Yesterday's afternoon high was in the low 70s (F), today we should be climbing into the mid 70s (F), and tomorrow into the upper 70s (F), but then rain again moves into the picture, though not from Isais.  The projected tract for the hurricane is, however, going to come barreling up into central PA.  So much for the United States going a season without a hurricane.

A lot of running around was done yesterday.  My mail-in ballot was taken care of and I did some shopping, including buying a new pair of sweat pants at Dicks.  There is a certain brand that I like, but I'm not one of those people who needs to stick with brand loyalty, so I ended up buying a pair of Dick's generic brand.   The fact that the generic brand started out with a $45 price tag had a lot to do with my decision.  Seeing named brands $20 to $30 more initiated my sticker shock.  Holy schmackarinis!  I checked the tag to see where they were manufactured: Vietnam.  Geez.  And here I thought Vietnam caved so they wouldn't be hit by the tariffs... so something else must be driving up the price.  Diesel fuel, maybe?

I also took a few minutes this morning to check out my followers on Threads.  There seems to be an inordinate amount of sex workers and Musk bots who love what I say.  This morning alone, two of the Musk bots followed me.  While Threads is associated with Instagram, it's not the same.  On Insta you need to request to follow me.  I get a lot of requests from sex workers even though my profile specifically states "sex workers need not apply."  

And I found this headline in yesterday's WaPo simply fascinating.


Yeah, you read that number right, Republicans have spent over half a billion dollars on the midterms to no avail.  The belief used to be that going into an election with a large war chest would help your chances of winning tremendously.  Of course, that belief is pre Orangie.  When you have a president with a 29% approval rating, all of the buckos under your belt mean nothing.  There have been 2 leaks from the Paxton team about Orangie "dragging them down."  Orangie's ego will never let him understand this, so last night, in Texas, he stood on a stage and was loudly booed 6 times.  That's right, his lies were interrupted 6 times by protestors.  How demoralizing that must have been for his loyal cultists sitting in the audience, to have to listen to people booing your demigod.

We need much more of this, because every time it happens another pin gets stuck into the Orangie voodoo doll.




2 comments:

  1. What evil plan is in the works to counter the Democratic wins?

    ReplyDelete
  2. You’ve officially entered modern retail hell when generic Dick’s sweatpants start at $45, Dave! Sticker shock is an understatement.

    Seeing the GOP light half a billion bucks on fire while Paxton's camp panics about getting dragged down by an anchor with a 29% rating is the best news of the week. Getting booed in Texas six times has got to sting that fragile ego something fierce.

    Batten down the hatches if that storm swings your way, and enjoy the new threads!

    ReplyDelete