Bluntness

I've also been told I have little tact, so if this offends you simply ride on.

Wednesday, October 7, 2026

Dickey Dunkin'

Another cool night is almost over here in Central PA.  We got down to 41 (F) and my heat is on; every time I write that phrase I think of the Glenn Fry song, never, ever one of my favorites.  Anyway, our outside temp is now up  to 42 (F).  This afternoon's high is predicted to be in the low 70s (F).  That afternoon high is expected to be extended over the next several days.  This is a nice way to enter the frosty time of the year.  These temps always remind me of that old ditty:

When the nights are warm and sticky

Ain't no time for dunkin' dicky,

When the frost is on the pumpkin 

Then's the time for dicky dunkin'

Gee... I hope blogger doesn't censor me for that.

Yesterday was, for the most part, an good day.  Breakfast with the bro.  Then several loads of laundry done.  I made some rice pudding with cinnamon and raisons.  My afternoon was spent chopping out the initial verbosity of The Body in the Words.  I find it amusing that a book about murder and words might have too many... words. 

Here's a picture of my roses taken yesterday afternoon as the shadows were beginning to fall.


One of the things my brother said yesterday about the midterms, is that if they go badly for the GOP it's the party's fault.  This is patently false.  The blame falls on the shoulders of those voters who either couldn't vote for a woman, or who thought the Orange Anus wasn't going to be as bad as he is.  Since we're talking about the Republican party, both statements are true.  They have never been the brightest bloc of voters in the United States, and they have always been too quick to sweep bad morals under the rug.  The GOP is, after all, the party of Family Values.  Boy, that's a statement we haven't heard in a while, is it?  When Democrats get caught in a steamy scandal, they either lose an election or resign.  Republicans have always taken a different approach.  They always made a statement and then brought their wife on stage to tell the world she forgave her husband's indiscretions, as though it were her fault he decided to be dunkin' dicky elsewhere.  Of course, that doesn't happen anymore, just as Republicans no longer call themselves the party of Family Values.  At least they're no longer pushing that lie



No comments:

Post a Comment