Work was fine yesterday. I spent much time in the aisles, cut a bunch of blinds, in fact, that leads to an amusing blind story. A very pregnant woman came into the department looking for blinds. She had her measurements and told me that she needed to have 7 cut. No problem. The machine we use to cut blinds is computerized, so once we have the measurements keyed in, all we have to do is hit the repeat button to cut the next blind. While making it easier to cut the blinds, it does not speed up the process, so it takes about 3-4 minutes to cut each blind. I had just cut her first blind when a middle-aged couple came up to me with a cellular blind. They told me they hadn't measured, they'd brought in their old, broken blind instead. I wasn't going to change the parameters already keyed into the blind cutter and politely asked them to wait. They had no problem with that, so they went and pulled their new blind from the shelf and waited for me to cut the remaining 6 blinds. When finished, they gave me the old blind, as well as the new blind, once again telling me they hadn't measured, just brought in the old blind. So, I pulled out my handy, dandy measuring tape and measured the old blind. I then looked at the new blind, and handed it back to them saying, "this doesn't need to be cut." A surprised little "oh" popped out of his mouth. Just think, if they had taken the time to measure their old blind, they wouldn't have had to wait for 20+ minutes for me to tell them their new blind did not need to be cut.
And I made chili yesterday! And it is scrumptious!
And we're going to have public executions again in this country. This is what you get with authoritarian regimes, and the Orange Anus is a wannabe authoritarian. Watching the internet explode in anger was amazing. I sent a text to my brother saying this was barbaric, and he agreed with me. He said he hoped Frankie Graham would step in and stop this insanity. I didn't tell him Frankie's a failure, I did, however, tell him that Kegsbreath has his own pastor, an extremist named Doug Wilson. Dougie has a BA and an MA in Philosophy, no religious training what so ever. He has never been to a Seminary, never been to a school of Theology, he is a self-taught, self-proclaimed minister of God. Dougie's also super big on Christian Nationalism. Under Dougie's guidance, Kegsbreath is enjoying the biggest boner of his life. Everyone who voted for the Orange Anus is responsible for this. They must all be held accountable.

No comments:
Post a Comment