Bluntness

I've also been told I have little tact, so if this offends you simply ride on.

Thursday, January 17, 2013

Drowning in your K-Cups

I like my morning coffee.  One of the first things I do after turning off the alarm clock is go downstairs to the kitchen and brew a pot, usually 6 cups.  Of course those are 6 oz cups which works out to about two and a half to three mugs which I will casually drink while reading through the news of the day and some blogs I follow.  This makes me different.  Why?  Because I haven't let myself get caught up in the  Keurig trend, and it is a trend you know, one that coffee manufacturers would sell their left nut to join.  As far as I can tell, there are a lot of Americans who can't wait to start drowning in their K-Cups, and all of them have so much disposable income.  Try talking to someone about the expense and you might as well be talking to the wall.  They all have the same retort "but I love just being able to brew just one cup of coffee at a time."  Is it me, or does it seem as though a lot of people have been brainwashed?  Amazingly, those are almost always the first words out of their mouths.  These people don't even qualify them by adding "I know they're expensive."  How expense are they?  And this is just one example.  If you own one the chances are very high that you've already searched the Internet trying to find the best deal.  You can buy 108 K-Cups at the K-Mart website for $80, which is a little less then .75 cents per cup.  Hey, trendy person out there, that's not bad.  However, at the Giant Supermarket where I shop, I can buy 60 cups of Maxwell House for just .18 cents per cup.  Holy crap!  Can that be right?
More expensive then a dozen roses

What does that mean?  Simply that I'm getting about 444 cups of coffee for the same price as 108 you can buy at K-Mart.  For you to get 444 cups you would need to spend $320.  Holy crap, and that's K-Mart.  And how many people out there just drink one cup per day?  What about friends?  I'm sure all of these Keurig owners have they, and now and then they invite them over for coffee.  All of a sudden the dollars begin adding up. Hey all you Keurig owners out there, don't those single cups of coffee taste delicious?  Who ever would have thought trendy could be so expensive?  These people don't understand there is a price for what they call convenience.  

1 comment: