Bluntness

I've also been told I have little tact, so if this offends you simply ride on.

Thursday, January 24, 2013

How stupid is the "Forever Lazy?"

Every now and then I will see a product advertised on television and all I want to do is hit myself up side my head.  You know what I'm talking about, those things which can't even be categorized as guilty pleasures.  Right now the commercials I find jaw dropping are those for "Forever Lazy."  Supposedly it's a garment, a full length, fleece jumpsuit and hoody combination with booties attached.  First of all, I find the name alone revolting.  Lazy is not a characteristic anyone should aspire to, let alone be called.  People who are lazy are frowned upon by society because they don't carry their weight, they don't want to work, they just want to lay around and get fat.  Lazy people neither can't, nor want, to hold a job and so collect welfare and, or, unemployment.  Knowing this, why would any person in their right mind want to purchase a "Forever Lazy?"  One of the problems is this recurring thought that the definition of an easy life is to spend most of your hours reclining away with some sort of white, trash reality show playing across your flat screen TV.  Actually, this is what I picture most people doing once they don their "Forever Lazy."  I can't see them doing any kind of physical movement what so ever, except perhaps to shove some sort of high calorie food in their mouth.  I wouldn't be surprised if there are those out there who will purchase one thinking they might look like this:

Remember, these are models who work out daily

In the commercial they say something about tailgating and supposedly picture men wearing their "Forever Lazies" in a parking lot outside a stadium.  I would really like to see that.  I don't think anything could be funnier.  Can't you just picture some jock getting to the Super Bowl early so he can strut around outside in his baby blue "Forever Lazy?"  Of course, if he was in his team colors they might not have him arrested.

If you really are interested in buying one of these, you can do so at Amazon, which surprised me, but then you can buy all sorts of things at Amazon.  I found the reviews interesting.  One reviewer gave it 5 stars because it made a great 'prop' for a play.  There were more negatives then there were positives, but then that is to be expected.  I suspect most people who buy this are doing so in the middle of a brain fart.  It's a good thing they're dirt cheap other wise you might really hate  yourself in the morning.  
 

No comments:

Post a Comment