Bluntness

I've also been told I have little tact, so if this offends you simply ride on.

Wednesday, October 1, 2014

Sweeten this

I used artificial sweeteners for years, mostly in my tea and my morning oatmeal.  Why?  Advertising of course.  Why should I use sugar with all of it's calories when I can sweeten things up with a zero calorie chemical?  You know what I'm talking about, we've all seen the commercials.  "Tastes as good as sugar without the calories."  And calories are bad, especially for people who like to sit on their asses all day.  Anyway, a couple of years ago I was sitting at my desk and I started pondering on sugar, just how bad was it for you.  Turns out there are only about 17 calories in a teaspoon.  And I thought, hell, riding my bicycle once around the block. is the equivalent of 2 maybe 3 teaspoons of sugar.  For about a minute and a half the debate raged through my head:  artificial sweetener or sugar?


Needless to say, sugar won out.  Sure, it's processed, but it is a natural substance not something concocted in a lab to cheat your taste-buds..  And, contrary to what a lot of imbeciles want to believe, it does not cause diabetes. Unbridled consumption of sugar may make you fat and, as a result, you may develop the disease, but don't blame sugar.

For those who are worried about those calories, I'd like to recommend a little exercise.  It works wonders. It lets you enjoy some of the sweeter things in life.

No comments:

Post a Comment