Bluntness

I've also been told I have little tact, so if this offends you simply ride on.

Friday, January 16, 2015

The Interview, for better or worse

I saw "The Interview" last evening and... it really was actually rather funny.  And, and this is probably what's most important, I saw it at a movie theater.  That isn't to say it doesn't have its flaws, it does, like a long scene involving an Siberian tiger.  What's wrong with the scene?  Unless you're from Mars, you know exactly how it's going to end, so you sit there waiting, knowing there isn't going to be a money shot punchline.  More of a farce then a satire, which is what I think they were going for, there are serious bits interspersed between the laughs.  While I don't have to speculate what it is about the film that pissed of the North Korean government, their reaction was, perhaps, a tad to extreme.  I probably wouldn't have gone to see it if the 'hacking' thing had not taken place.  In fact I'm sure millions and millions of people would have simply ignored it.


Of course I might be totally off base, but it might just have been James Franco's performance they found so aggravating.  He was grating at times.  This is not to say he wasn't funny, he was, but sometimes a little of him can go a very, long way.  Eventually, everybody is going to see it, or at least the funny bits on YouTube, in fact, I suspect they're already there.   

No comments:

Post a Comment