Bluntness

I've also been told I have little tact, so if this offends you simply ride on.

Thursday, November 26, 2015

Black Friday

Tomorrow is Black Friday and... I don't have to open the store.  I actually don't have to be there until 9 am, which is a first.  It's so nice not having to get up at 2 am to get to the store by 3:30 am so I can get the donuts and coffee ready.  In a way I will miss seeing the big, burly contractors running down the aisles towards the stockpile of shop vacs the way 12 year old little girls chase after Justin Beiber.  And then there are the church people.  Church people you ask?  Yes, the church people.  Every year we sell poinsettias in 6 inch pots for  $2 a piece, with a limit on 2 per customer.  And every year this one church sends in 15 - 20 of their most religious to buy as many as possible in order to decorate their church on the cheap.  Last year they managed to get about 80 before we put the cabosh on the their sneak tactics, you know, changing coats in the parking lot, putting on a hat, going to different cashiers.  They sure know how to make Jesus proud, don't they?


Anyway, tomorrow I'll get to sleep in until about 6 am, if the dogs will let me, and that will be nice.  I won't have to deal with the people who complain when the "limited" quantities run out, or those who create a scene when they realize the Ryobi Combo Kit that's on sale is not the combination of tools that they want.  I won't have to deal with the people who order something on line at 6 am and expect their purchase to be pulled and waiting at the service desk at 7 am, and then complain even louder because there's a crowd of 40 people ahead of them.  Or that idiot who decides that the best time to return that toilet seat which just isn't soft enough, ten minutes after the store opens. Believe me, people return shit at that hour of the morning.  And then they get pissed because it just happens to be Black Friday and there are crowds of people everywhere.
And I will miss out on all of that fun tomorrow morning..... oh, darn it.

No comments:

Post a Comment