Bluntness

I've also been told I have little tact, so if this offends you simply ride on.

Tuesday, December 13, 2016

Calling Off

So, I'm going to call off sick today.  This is a rarity.  Normally I take personal days because I want to do something personal, not because I'm sick.  Sad to say, I think I am, and not the whiny, baby man kind of sick where I want to be pampered.  My Mom was nurse, of sorts, and so we were never allowed to get sick.
Right now I'm sitting here with a thermometer in my mouth.  That's right, I don't have one of the new, electronic ones.  Mine is old, you need to shake the mercury down, you know, that shiny, silver poison before you stick it into under your tongue.  Even though I know how to read it, I'm not expecting to find a fever - I'm one of those people whose temperature rarely goes above 98 degrees.


Anyway, I have a doctor's appointment for Thursday - my blood pressure is slowly going up with age, so I'll call and see if I can get that changed to sometime today.  This is such a pain in the ass, believe me.

2 comments: