Bluntness

I've also been told I have little tact, so if this offends you simply ride on.

Thursday, March 9, 2017

Rockets

So, yesterday was International Women's Day.  I was surprised because I was expecting to see this as a day of protest and it wasn't, rather I saw a celebration of women and their accomplishments on their difficult path to equality.  More power to them since they still have a difficult journey ahead of them, especially with the pussy grabber in the White House.
I went to visit my Mom yesterday and one of the first things she told me was that she was going to need a new television, her just wasn't working right.  She has a Samsung (not a smart one) and it's 2 years old, if it's even that.  Picking up the remote, I turned it on and got nothing... tried changing a channel and got a brief picture, but then it disappeared.  Batteries, I thought.  Opening up the back I looked at the batteries.  They were Rockets.  Really.  I kid you not.  Evidently they're manufactured in Australia, and are probably the same batteries that came with the remote.  My brother and sister are taking her to K-Mart today (she loves K-Mart), so I sent him a text telling him they needed to pick up new batteries.  Setting the remote down, I moved the conversation on to her mail, checking to see if she'd gotten any (she gets a lot of 'beg' letters from obscure charities which she tells me to pay, and which I always throw away).  Suddenly, a message appeared on her television: "You are not set up to record this channel."  I suspect she must have pressed the "record" button by accident, and when the channel didn't change pressed another, and another, and another, until the television was lost in confusion.  It worked perfectly from then on.


The new Weis store opens today.  I might stop off tomorrow morning, very early since it's going to be crazy busy.  I have a coupon for $5 off a $25 purchase, which is more than the cost of a big bag of dog food.  I've already applied for my Bonus Card on line, I can use my phone number until it arrives.  Can't wait.

2 comments:

  1. I took yesterday off, wore red, spent no money, wore my pussyhat, and didn't do a damn thing around the house. I was on strike!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you luxuriated, enjoying your strike to the fullest!

      Delete