Bluntness

I've also been told I have little tact, so if this offends you simply ride on.

Saturday, September 22, 2018

Feeling cold and feverish

Well, it's Saturday.  At least that is what my calendar says, not that my calendar talks much.  I do look at it daily.  Some times more than once a day, because retail screw with your head.  Really.  Today seems like it should be Sunday and it isn't.
Since Tuesday I've been dealing with a rhinovirus.  I don't get them normally.  When I do, they usually last about a day.  Good immune system here.  About every 3 or 4 years I'll get one which is more intense.  I don't just get a nuisance runny nose.  Nope, sinus headaches, a sore throat, and a cough are all added into the symptom mix.  Oh, and there's the low grade fever.  These colds last about a week.  I have one of them now.  I went to work yesterday, not so today.  I have some chest congestion.  As a result, I'm going to call off work.  This will leave them short handed.  On a Saturday, normally the busiest day of the week, my department is not fully staffed. You are going to have these problems when your scheduling system relies on last year's sales figures.  Supposedly trending sales data is also used, but rarely is there evidence of that.  Yesterday one person was scheduled in Hardware until 1:00 PM.  Ooops.
There was a heated debate in Texas last night.  Lying Ted Cruz against Beto O'Rourke.  All the headlines say "they clashed."  Lying Ted, however, has spent most of his political career... well, lying, and misdirecting.  Beto pointed this out.  Lying Ted is in trouble.  He has gone from a "sure thing," to a toss-up, finally moving into the "too close to call stage," and he's got to struggle through another month and a half, and another 2 debates, until he loses....  Oh, did I just say that?  Bet he's feelin' rather feverish right now, pattin' himself on the back, and lyin' to himself about winning the debate.
And evidently most Americans are now seeing the great Tax Bill the Republicans passed for what it really is: a gift to the wealthy and big business.  Sure, right after the bill was first passed corporations pissed a little cash around, set-decorations, nothing more.  The truth is they're simply not coughing up the new jobs this bill promised.  And their revenue is increasing because of lower taxes.  Those $$$ are nothing to sneeze at.  Wall Street is joyous.  But, where are the pay increases?  Oh, wait, payroll is an expense.  Corporations don't like expenses, especially payroll.  So, what do they do?  In retail they rely on bare-bones scheduling, giving customer service the cold shoulder.  This is how it goes when your economy is based solely on greed.

13 comments:

  1. Have some chicken soup and don’t over do it. Hope you feel better soon.
    JP

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The chicken's in the fridge waiting to be turned into soup as I type.

      Delete
  2. those rhinovirus colds are nasty things. one of my co-workers has been out all week with one. we keep him home so he doesn't infect the rest of us. he is on meds from his doctor.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I worked yesterday... do you know how many hands I shook? I tell myself this is how we get people to strengthen their immune system... we make them sick.

      Delete
  3. Feel better soon, and for goodness sakes, stay away from rhinos in the future. They are disease carrying bastids!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Working on the feeling better, and i guess it's a good thing I didn't pick up that miniature rhino at the Exotic Pet Store.

      Delete
    2. Yep, you dodged a bullet there!

      Delete
  4. Feel better.
    Maybe the idea that Beto could win might help?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lying Ted's very big problem is that his failed run to win the nomination showed just how much of a stumble fuck he really is.

      Delete
  5. One of the reasons I'll miss the great Henri Bendels in New York. One of my favorite places to shop. Their customer service is unappalled. But their parent company L Brands has neglected Bendel's to care for the ailing Victoria Secret.

    A shame, a 123 year old company had to pay the piper.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Victoria's Secret is ailing? Well, what do you expect from aging tits.

      Delete
  6. Feel better soon! Sorry you are under the weather. I read about that debate. It is encouraging to see that Beto O'Rourke has a chance!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Slept quite a bit today and feel much better, no drainage.

      Delete