Bluntness

I've also been told I have little tact, so if this offends you simply ride on.

Sunday, October 21, 2018

Morning coffee and discrimination

Well, it's Sunday morning, I'm off, and I was going to sleep in this morning.
Of course I woke up at my normal time.  The dogs needed to go out, so I made a slow pot of coffee.  Slow, because my coffee maker is struggling.  I'm hoping it survives until Tuesday, which is when the new one arrives.  I can remember when coffee makers used to last for years, now their life expectancy is what?  Three or four?  And I'm not about to run out and buy an Keurig.  With the amount of coffee I drink, that option is just not economically feasible.  It's not that I couldn't afford all of those K-cups, Nope.  My problem is that there are times when I am really cheap.
And, of course, tomorrow I get to pick up my new car.  Yes, I'm excited.  More so than I thought I would be.  Perhaps it's the thought of actually purchasing and owning.  This Crosstrek will be... 'my car,' as opposed to a 'leased car.'
Since this is Sunday AM, the pundit news shows will be discussing a certain Saudi journalist who was murdered and dismembered (purportedly), and how the Idiot Jerk in the White House is swallowing just about anything the Saudis are telling him.  It's the buckos, you know? 
And then someone decide to poll supporters of the Idiot Jerk about discrimination.  In a country where women have struggled for equality, where LGBT people have struggled religious bigotry and hatred, where people with dark skin have been fighting for simple equality since their first arrival in slave ships, his supporters say men are the most discriminated group in America.  Since the vast majority of his supporters are white, 'men' needs to be qualified.  They don't mean men in general, the mean 'white men.'  You know?  Like all those white Republican men who want to run the country.  What a joke.  These are people who are suffering from 'the male child' syndrome.  Their first born needs to be a boy.  Baby girls are nice, however the power belongs to the males.  Women in power emasculate them.  They raise their children this way.  Strong men run the family.  Or, at least that's how things used be.  These people don't understand evolution.  They don't understand change.  They have been taught wrong for generation upon generation.  This is how things end.  This is how things begin.
On a side note, one of those individuals who read and gave me opinion on "The Body on the Lawn" is dealing with some issue right now and most likely will not be able to advise on the next book.  I've begun sending out emails.  If anyone is interested, let me know.  I'm looking for a critical voice.
Now, I think I'm going to go take a nap.

13 comments:

  1. your book will arrive in my mailbox this week!

    fuck ignorant unevolved white men!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So, Christmas is coming early. Send me an email and tell me what you think.

      They're like fish gasping for breath without even knowing they've been washed ashore.

      Delete
    2. actually, I got the book as an anniversary present!

      Delete
    3. Happy Anniversary!! (again)

      And do let me know what you think about the book. Feedback is very important.

      Delete
  2. I don't know how many times I have been fired or denied housing or bashed or assaulted or denied service because I'm a man.
    Oh, wait, I do ...it's never.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would be excited if I was getting a new car. Mine is 9 years old and still running strong, so I am going to hold off for a few more years. You will have that new car smell to breath in soon! What color did you get?
    Your take on the idiot jerk is spot on btw.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm hoping this one lasts for at least 12 years, maybe more.

      Delete
    2. And it's gray, with a gray interior.

      Delete
    3. My favorite color for a car!

      Delete
  4. K cups are terribly wasteful and bad for the environment anyway.

    Oh, poor straight white men. Boo fucking hoo. They're terrified because they feel their privileged status starting to slip away.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. K-cups are a gimmicky way to make money.

      And hat survey was taken by Republicans, both men and women, so now we know the whole party is infected.

      Delete
  5. Cheeto's supporters will always consider themselves victims. It fits their bully attitude and it justifies their racism, xenophobia and homophobia.

    ReplyDelete