Good morning world! We have another comfortably sunny day on tap here in Central PA. Our outside time is 57 (F). Our high this afternoon will once again be in the low 80s (F). If you want my opinion, this is perfect summer weather. Without the cloying humidity and stinking hot temps, working outside is fine, and believe me, I have been working outside.
To be honest, when I walked out my back door last Sunday morning and saw what Saturday night's storm had gifted me, I stood there for a second, and then said, "Well, fuck." Then I went to work... and bought a chainsaw. I'd had one, but threw it out about 2 years ago because it needed work. Since I worked on Monday, I couldn't start the actual cleanup process until Tuesday. To my surprised what I thought was going to be a daunting task turned out to be rather invigorating. There is some joy in looking at a branch, deciding where to make the cut, and then making the cut, and then seeing that cut did exactly what it was intended to do. I did have some serious soreness across my back Tuesday night, but other than that I feel really well. While I do workout, this is not the same thing. This is physical labor, and you might find this difficult to believe, but it actually feels good to work and accomplish something.
I'm sitting here listening to Brahms Serenade No 1 in D, Scherzo. For those who don't know, this is what Carey Murgatroyd played for Margaret Stanley back in 1982. For those who do, is it any wonder she was nearly smitten.
And for those who haven't seen some of the changes the Orange Anus is doing to the White House, here's an example. As someone else said, he appears to be doing a very good job at designing a Thai restaurant. Let's be honest, his tastes have always been Trashy Tacky.

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
ReplyDeleteThey need to stick that sicko in prison before he starts WW3 His taste in decorating is beyond tacky, it’s more trashy. Whatever he touches either goes bankrupt or gets trashed. And he too is a traitor. Gigi
ReplyDeleteI am in total agreement. He never considers consequences for his actions.
DeleteSo the country that trained the terrorists that flew the planes into the towers is going to be able to build a bomb and our current bloated grifter is okay with it?
ReplyDeleteMust have been some giant check they wrote!
Don't you remember? The Saudis are allowing him to build a $5 billion dollar tower and hotel in Riyadh.
DeleteHahahaha
ReplyDeleteOmg it DOES look like a Thai restaurant in the suburbs! Now I cannot unsee it.
And there goes everything up again. Expect much gaslighting for the MAGAts. They still insist the country is at its best.
BTW men who do physical labor have the BEST bodies. They may not have the V shape pat down, but when of those men beds you, you KNOW.
XOXO
The country is at it's best... for billionaires, and that's all this administration cares about.
DeleteOmg...he has taste in his mouth!!!! He is ruining the White House.
ReplyDeleteI had three of my trees trimmed this week of some huge branches. The guys did a great job...and it's a bit more open for the garden.
My dear, he lives for MacDonalds, he doesn't even have taste in his mouth. I'll the tree with the most damage taken down in the spring. Once they begin losing branches they never stop.
Delete