I postponed my workout for yesterday morning. My knee was feeling a bit cranky. I'm thinking of not renewing my Trainwell subscription when it expires at the end of August. I'm looking at what expense I have and the fact that I am, as I get older, working less and less. This means starting to rely on my social security, something I'm loathe to do at this point. Even though it's easy to rationalize spending over $500 for an online trainer, I do realize that sometimes the rationalization is being forced.
And at work we discovered that there was an improvement in the recording of our sales goals. There was a time when if you set up a measure for installing blinds and someone else built those blinds, you would both get credit. That disappeared. Well, it seems that corporate has decided to bring that back, so yesterday when I checked out my sales I had a nice little $3000 credit. This is a good thing.
*The yardwork. Last night we had some storms come through. We got the warnings for lightning striking, but nothing on the high winds and torrential rain. Well, we got all three: lightning strikes, high winds, and torrential rains. We lost power for about 10 seconds. Then this morning when I went to let Howie out, I saw that there was also storm damage. Several large tree limbs were ripped from the maple trees on the hill behind my house. The back corner of the fence was smushed; that'll be an insurance claim. Of course, Howie was delighted. I could almost hear his little heart singing, "look at all of those sticks, sticks, sticks!" I got rid of my chainsaw years ago; it was broken, and though I do have my saw on a stick, it's no match for these limbs. My brother has chainsaws, but he hasn't used them in years, and they run on gas. I sent out a number of texts and, probably not surprising, none of my friends happen to own a chainsaw. This means I'm going to have to buy one. Shit.
On the political scene, it seems as though Lisa Murkowski is going to vote against all legislation that contains the Save Act. Lisa's not running for re-election. She has also been served up several plates of shit even though she's been a loyal Republican. Obviously, Lisa has been reading the Tea Leaves. If she wants to run again in 2029, she knows she's going to need to get on the side of the majority of Alaskans, who now hate the Orange Anus. Without McConnell's vote, the Republicans need every vote to pass any legislation. This is a good thing.
Prepare yourselves, the Iran war is about to go from bad to worse.


He's pissed that his speech, I kid, his lies, from the other night weren't taken as fact so now he's on a tear.
ReplyDeleteHe's on seriously thin ice and no one knows what to do.
DeleteSeveral of my friends (women) who knit were just talking about their chain saws. They have smallish, non gas powered ones that work fine to cut fallen limbs, and cost around $50.
ReplyDeleteNice Howie is willing to help LOL. Forecasters say we will have overnight temps in the 50s mid week. We shall see.
I bought myself a rather large, electrical saw, in fact, it's just like the one I used to own.
DeleteWe had no damage this time...but the last batch of storms wreak a lot of havoc here. Looked like a tornado hit here last time.
ReplyDeleteMany of the houses around mine had full branches and limbs torn away. I'm going to be chain sawing for days.
DeleteWe had horrendous storms over two days here too and a couple of power outages but thankfully no damage at my place. Other's haven't been so lucky!
ReplyDeleteI had no damage to the house, but me and my little chainsaw are going to be very, very busy.
DeleteIt is very cool here today, Monday, 58 now going to mid 70’s. And, the smoke has blown away for now. I heard a lot of boo ing from the crowd at the soccer finals when they saw the orange moron walk out. It gave me a laugh out loud moment. He asks for it every time he shows his ugly face. He is so desperate now and his buddy, the troops need testosterone, isn’t helping. It is all so bizarre. Your dog is so helpful, mine just lies around, eats and poops. She is never more than six feet away from me so I never have to feel lonely. I guess that is her job now that she is almost 11.she can still chase squirrels with the best of them though. Look after your knee and maybe get x rays to see how bad it is. Don’t let it get to bone on bone before checking it out. Gigi
ReplyDelete