The forecast was for rain overnight, I think we might have had a shower or two. Our outside temp is 70 (F). Again, the forecast is for us to get a few degrees warmer. There's evidently a small coldish front moving through. Rain is on the menu for today. Showers with the occasional thunderstorm are going to limit my yard cleanup. Originally, they were calling for sunny skies this morning, and while the cloud cover seems a bit thin, the rain is moving in at a fast clip from the west. The drizzles should be starting in about an hour.
Why is the rain not good? You may find it shocking, but both my chainsaw and my new wood chipper are electric. Safety first.
In researching for The Body in the Words, I've learned that the Spanish do not say, "mi casa es su casa." That's a Mexican phrase.
When I got to work yesterday, I stopped off to talk to Human Resources about my vacation. I have some scheduled, but I need to take 7 more hours before my anniversary date on September 4. If you don't use your vacation time, you lose your vacation time. Mid-conversation, an associate from our service desk interrupted us. Her hours have been cut and she wanted to see if there was some way she could make up that lost time by working as a cashier. She got a smile and an, "I'll see what I can do." After the associate left, I asked if this was happening a lot, part-timers coming in because they're now being scheduled shorter hours. I was told, "all the time." Most people work a part-time job, or a 2nd job because they need the money. I feel bad for these people. And like the cloud cover overhead, this economy is going to get worse before it gets better.
And here's my first tomato, freshly picked 2 minutes ago.

They believe he is a self-made millionaire who cares about people.
ReplyDeleteThey're stupid through and through.
He's a draft-dodging, racist, rapist con artist.