Bluntness

I've also been told I have little tact, so if this offends you simply ride on.

Monday, July 27, 2026

Zeus's Law

 The current temp is 71 (F).  If you're in Central PA, you can plan for an afternoon high in the mid to upper 80s (F).  There are storms in the forecast, too, but I'm thinking they'll not be nearly as severe as those that most recently swept through the area.  The day time highs have not been scorching us with 3 digits of Fahrenheit, and so we're not sitting on a hotplate waiting for a cold front to smash to pieces.  Once the cooler air passes through, we will still have daily highs in the low to mid 80s (F).  Most of the summer might not turn out to be so bad after all, at least not  in Central PA.

I spent a full shift in the flooring department yesterday and business was exceedingly slow.  Other departments were busy, but mine was not.  Traditionally, installations slow down during this time of year.  For me the most exciting thing was sending a rather heated email to our measurement services.  I set up a measure for a hardwood installation back in late May and the customer was measured in early June.  The quote came in at a cost much higher than the customer was expecting, so the quote was canceled.  On June 27, someone named Michelle noted that the sale was "lost because of price."  On July 25, someone named Judith from our measurement services reopened the quote. In addition to leaving a voice mail for the customer, she sent 2 texts and an email to this customer.  So, I emailed measurement services and asked at what point does customer service end and customer harassment begin?

My wood chipper arrived yesterday and will be assembled after this morning's workout.

I have an eggplant!  And there's more than one!!  I can see a pan of moussaka in my future.  


So, ticket sales for The Odyssey have grossed over $639.  This is unprecedented.  This is in 2 weeks.  In the US the film has an R rating and films rated R never, ever generate ticket sales of this magnitude.  Why?  I suspect Elonia Musk's Nazi tirade about a black Helen of Troy may have started things off.  Another factor is probably a fascination with ancient Greece.  So many of the words we use, no matter what language you speak, have Greek origins.  Democracy originated in Greece and all citizens, as Bob likes to say, "went out and cast a damn vote!"  The Odyssey is an anti-war movie and I do believe now, more than ever, many, many people around the world are simply fed up with war.  And I can't forget to mention that the film is, as many conservatives shriek, Woke.  Anne Hathaway claiming, "I've been sitting on an empty throne for 20 years!" hits the audience like a sucker punch.  And, of course, the movie is about Zeus's Law, where all strangers are welcome.  What happens when you break Zeus's Law?  Maybe you should ask Polyphemus. Is this why Zeus stayed Poseidon's hand?


4 comments:

  1. Nice eggplant! Your review makes me want to see the movie now.
    My friends out west are experiencing record heat. Here in SW Ohio it’s so humid it’s hard to breathe. I will always think Fargo when I read wood chipper.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Between us, I had no idea what an eggplant plant looked like until today.
    I'm not too into eggplant, but my mum used to LOVE them.
    And Nolan's Odyssey making that amount of coin is a slap on the face of the unwashed, racist masses. Love that for them.

    XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't mind the heat....but this has been a mild summer i think. I can honestly say I have not felt hot myself once this summer. I used the air once at night back at the end of June. And Harrisburg Prides fest was a good one...nice crowd and weather.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It just got very dark here and the thunder and rain has started. It was sunny and beautiful this morning. Nice eggplant. Gigi

    ReplyDelete