Bluntness

I've also been told I have little tact, so if this offends you simply ride on.

Thursday, June 11, 2015

Elizabethan collars? meh

Big Seig had his big surgery yesterday... well, it wasn't that big, just a couple of snips to cut away his masculinity.  It was something that needed to be done because of Lilly.  Even though she is spayed, I didn't want to have him trying to hump her every times his little hormones kicked in, if you know what I mean.  The Vet wanted to put him in an Elizabethan collar.  "He might try and lick his wounds," she'd said.  I said "nope."  "But saliva is a digestive juice," she countered, "and it will slow down the healing process.  "Nope," I said again.  And it's not because I always feel bad when ever I see a dog in one of those collars, which I always do.  Don't you?

Bad collar
The real reason is Lilly, and not that she'd feel jealous.  She's 22 months old, and she and Big Seig love to play.  One of the things they do while playing is grab each other's collar in their mouths and pull.  I knew if I walked him through the front door an Elizabethan Collar the first thing that would cross her mind, several times, would be "toy, toy, toy, toy."  So I nixed the collar.  This was a very good thing,  The minute they saw each other it was bouncy, bouncy, play joy until he realized he was still medicated and need to take a nap.  Believe me, that collar would have been shredded in seconds flat.





No comments:

Post a Comment