Bluntness

I've also been told I have little tact, so if this offends you simply ride on.

Friday, May 6, 2016

Boatie fails / Caitlyn horrifies

I was saddened to hear that Boatie McBoatface lost out.  That's right.  The UK's new polar research vessel is going to be called the Sir David Attenborough.  Sure, that's a more dignified name, but it lacks a little in the 'pizzaz' department, don't you think?  Sometimes dignity fails to garner interest and I have no doubt that soon the public will care less where the Sir David Attenborough is and what it is doing.  They're not even going to know if it's in port or not.  Boatie McBoatface, on the other hand, would have generated vast amounts of public awareness.  Educators could have used the name as a tool.  You know what I mean, like, what is polar research?  And, why are they exploring the ice cap?  Every one would know when Boatie docked at your local wharf.  The Sir David Attenborough?  Most likely not.  Sometimes this is what happens when stuffed shirts make a decision.

Good name
On the other hand, I was horrified to hear that Caitlyn Jenner is going to pose nude for some magazine.  Holy Shit!  Who in their right minds would want to see a 65 year old individual who's undergone extensive reconstructive facial surgery naked?  Breast implants are neither erotic nor artistic.  Let's talk Photoshop here.  And I do suspect there are enough deviant, prurient minds out there to insure financial success for the magazine.  And, of course, it is all about the money.

When I thought of Caitlyn naked, I thought of this
Talk about taking a page out of the Kardashian playbook.  One can only wonder if Cait's also going to balance a champagne flue on her ass.

1 comment:

  1. eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeew, another naked krapdashian/jenner! good thing I don't buy magazines!

    ReplyDelete