Bluntness

I've also been told I have little tact, so if this offends you simply ride on.

Saturday, September 6, 2014

Squashed

Since I eat a lot of fresh vegetables, I usually plant them, usually tomatoes, zucchini, and at least one pepper plant.  This year I tried my hand at squash.  I like squash.  It's very versatile.  You can boil it or broil it, bake it, and fry it, if you want.  Because I'd never planted squash before, I only purchased on plant.  This is what I was supposed to harvest:


However, the little plastic name tag must have been wrong, or else the plant just didn't want to grow properly, because this is what I plucked from the vine:


That's right, it's next to a creamer.  Big, huh?  I don't know if it's edible or not.  And if it is, it's like... what?  Two bites?  Every time I look at it I think, 'my, what a cute little pumpkin.'  And, even sadder still, it's the only one.  I had tons of flowers but ended up with only one little, bitty squash.


No comments:

Post a Comment