Bluntness

I've also been told I have little tact, so if this offends you simply ride on.

Friday, April 24, 2015

Peapod delivers

I did something yesterday which was a first for me.  I used Peapod.  Now I suspect many of you have no idea what I'm talking about, so here it is.  Peapod is a service which allows you to do your grocery shopping online and then have your purchases delivered with in a certain time period.  Let me tell you, it works.  There is a delivery charge, but since I'm new I get 60 days before it gets tacked onto my bill.  As someone who buys a lot of dog food (big bags!) this is extremely handy.

What really surprised me was my groceries were delivered in a big truck.  I was expecting a van of some type.  Nope, it's a big truck complete with refrigeration and freezer units.


What surprised me most, however, was the delivery man.  He walked in my front door and said "I know you, you taught me CPR in the Hemlock Room at the Marriott."  I stopped working for Marriott over 25 years ago.  Back then I was a certified trainer for the American Red Cross and I did train quite a number of associates.  This guy?  Looked familiar and I vaguely remembered him as someone who worked in Room Service.  But that's about all.  He wasn't wearing a name tag so I nodded and said, "yeah, I remember you."  I did, but not exactly.

Anyway, Peapod works really well, so if you ever decide you just don't want to waste time going to the supermarket, and it's operating in your town, I'd recommend it.  They are going to make my life a whole lot simpler for the next month or two.

  

No comments:

Post a Comment