Bluntness

I've also been told I have little tact, so if this offends you simply ride on.

Monday, July 23, 2018

The Official Word

Well, it's Monday.  I have to work.  On the bright side, it's only for today, I'm off Tuesday and Wednesday.  On the darker side, we're supposed to have rain until Thursday.  Yepper, we here in Enola are under a flash flood watch / warning, or something like that.  Originally this weather pattern was only to hang around until tomorrow, that forecast has been changed.  Shit.  I had been planning on mowing the lawn on Wednesday.
If I gave the impression yesterday that I thought the Idiot Jerk in the White House's base was on the verge of abandoning him, I want to correct that.  They will stick to him like flies on shit.  W's approval rating dropped to 27% which was made up entirely of the GOP base.  Nixon's approval dropped to 29%, and that was his base.  The same thing will hold true with the Idiot Jerk.  His Helsinki shtick went over badly with the Centrists.  They will be the ones coming to save the day, as well as massive amounts of democrats, the majority part.  His base will only begin to walk away if the economy starts to slide.
I got on the scale this morning.  Aaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhh.  Weight gain!  I'm blaming it on the new schedule.  This is my 3rd week.  My personal regimes is kind of in place... that doesn't work.  Things need to be more than 'kind of.'  Adjustments need to be made.  I will either need to get up later so I can stay up later and get the exercise in after work, or I'll have to get up earlier and and go to be earlier, reverting to a routine I was used to.
Someone complained about my putting in for vacation days and then not taking vacation pay.  At the end of the year we get reimbursed for vacation pay not taken if we have more than 40 hours on the books.  I don't see what the difference is, getting paid now or at the end of the year.  If you can afford to take a vacation day and not put in for the pay, well, more power to you.  But someone thought it was stinky.  Someone with a hair up their ass.  Ah, well, I'm going to continue to do it until the official word comes down to stop.
Right now the official word is:  Vote Blue

4 comments:

  1. fuck you, monday! (not awake yet, have coffee)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wake up pretty easy, coffee is #3 on the list.

      Delete
  2. The older I get the harder it is to stay at my desired weight. I will not stop trying though! I can't stand not being active.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It has to do with your metabolism. We lose certain types of muscle cells, those that burn up calories. It's a bitch

      Delete