We're supposed to hit 86 (F) this afternoon. That's possible since we're already at 66 (F). Then, the downhill temp slide begins. Tomorrow temps are supposed to hit 84 (F) and on Friday they'll barely make it into the 80s (F). After that our daily highs will be hovering in the mid 70s (F) with overnight lows in the low to mid 50s (F).
Today's entry started late because for the past 2 days I've been going through a head cold, sore throaty type thing. I don't feel bad enough to throw my hands up in the air, shrieking "I'm sick," but the stuffy head and the post nasaly drip thing can get quite frustrating. My sister had given me some Benadryl about a year ago and while it's not supposed to act like a diuretic, I found myself peeing every 40 minutes, so even though it did stop the nasaly crap from running down the back of my throat, I only took it twice. In case you haven't figured it out, this whole paragraph is my way of telling you I slept poorly last night.
I don't really have too much planned today because of the stuffy, sneezy, head coldy thing.
Howie's trip to the Vet was canceled. Here's a thing I learned recently: Labrador retriever ears are more susceptible to ear infections than other dogs. The solution: instead of cleaning his ears every few months they need to be cleaned every week.
As most of you know, I heat my house with natural gas. I think it's expensive. Well, as things turn out, it's not going to be as expensive as home heating oil. Here's a thing I learned: home heating oil comes from the same crude oil as diesel fuel. This means that the price of diesel fuel is going to correlate directly with the price of heating oil, or vice-versa, depending upon how you want to phrase it. Today's cost is $5.28 a gallon, or about $1200 to fill up your heating oil tank. Wowza!! This is just another price Americans are going to have to pay on top of the $50 of $60 it takes to fill up your car's gas tank.

OMG
ReplyDeleteI never thought how the oil prices would affect that!
Shit is hitting the fan. I saw gas at $4.99. In THE SUBURBS. I cannot imagine how expensive it is in the city. The MAGAts are gonna blame Biden. Or Obama. Or both.
And poor Howie!!
As for Sheeran, what a clusterfuck. By bowing to Kraft, he's basically wasted all his cultural capital. He can keep those four million he's got, but he's been trashed. All that for Kraft: the one that did not pay for that handjob. The one who is in the Epstein list many, many times.
Good.
XOXO
Trump's war is going to screw so much up and people are just beginning to understand that now. And people are getting tired of those who sit on the fence, too spineless to say yay or nay. You're either with us, or against us.
DeleteI heat my home with fuel too and I don't even want to think about what a fill up might cost me later!
ReplyDeleteI heat with natural gas and I'm looking at a $1200 heating expense this year. Yikes!
DeleteMy electric bill is usually under $100 Canadian a month but in the cold winter months my gas bill for heating can be $$200 to $300 a month. My car gas this week was $1.82 a litre I think. I am very happy I switched from oil to gas for heating several years ago. I remember when we got a pool about 45 years ago, we heated it with oil that cost so little, 19 cents a gallon,that we kept it open from April to November, often with steam rising from it How things have changed. People earning ordinary money now will be on the street if they don’t save some money now, but hard to do when they are living paycheque to paycheque. My father always said, don’t rely on the government to look after you when you get old and he had no idea that things could get this bad. We do get a decent old age pension but not enough to live on, especially in a city like Toronto. Glad I saved a lot while working. It seems like Americans all have two or even three jobs now. Are we better off up here? Gigi
ReplyDeleteMy total for both heating and electric should run about $2400 this year. We have a lot of people in this country who live from paycheck to paycheck. They don't save, and their senior years are going to be horrific.
Delete