Bluntness

I've also been told I have little tact, so if this offends you simply ride on.

Friday, October 2, 2026

A Bad Jobs Report

So, if the forecasters are correct, we're going to be enjoying the last of our summer weather today with this afternoon's high in the mid 80s (F).  They were correct about yesterday's temp, so they're is the possibility they may be right about today's.  Just keep in mind, they're not always known for their accuracy.  Next week's overnight lows are supposed to be touching down in the low 40s (F).  With a couple of blankets on the bed that will be good sleeping weather.

Yesterday was my first day as an aisle associate, and body did I get the steps in with almost 15,000.  Since I wasn't sitting at the flooring desk, I can honestly say that I picked things up, and put things down.  Also, one of my measure customers was waiting for me when I got there and had a $3500 sale, not that it counts any more.  Mine was not the only change.  The other part-time flooring specialist is now a cashier.  I talked to her yesterday and she's quite happy with the change.  The only people not happy are the two remaining full time specialists.  Their sales goals and measure goals are now double what they were.

I have today off, so there's some shopping planned for later this morning, and then some mobility exercises for this afternoon.

And this is not good, especially for retailers.


Ah, but the Republicans aren't worried.  The Orange Anus is sending out almost a million $500 checks to individuals on Medicare claiming they were overcharged during.... are you waiting for it?  The Biden administration.  And it seems that most of these checks are being mailed to Medicare recipients in battleground states.  That's right, he's trying to buy votes.  Will the bribery pay off?  Except for his cultists who believe every word out of his mouth is holy, that $500 is not going to be enough to swing many votes in the Republican direction.  I'm curious to see if I get one of the checks.  If I do, then I know it will be an out and out bribe since, even though I pay for Medicare, I use my Veteran's Administration benefits instead.  Oh, and one final note, these checks are your tax dollars hard at work.

I was also notified by the state that I should be receiving my mail-in ballot any day now.  This year, rather than mailing it back, I'm going to be dropping it off in an official drop box.  



No comments:

Post a Comment