Bluntness

I've also been told I have little tact, so if this offends you simply ride on.

Thursday, April 9, 2015

Feeling Fine

A day doesn't go by that someone doesn't ask me how I'm feeling.  Sure, I'm a shut-in right now, but that will change in 27 days when I have my surgery.  Well, it might be a couple of days past that since there is the recovery phase of the operation.  So, it might be 31 days before I actually get a chance to step out my front door with worrying that I might fall down.  Maybe people think I might be depressed about my situation... I'm not.  In fact, given the fact that I'm slightly incapacitated, house training for Siegfried is going quite well.

This morning my brother took me to my local Giant for groceries and he, too, asked how I was feeling.


And I told him, "I'm feeling fine."  There is no numbness in my right leg and no pain what so ever.  It's just that some signals going from my brain to my right quad aren't making it there, like it doesn't do stairs at all.  Still, when laying on my back I can move the leg around and even bring my knee up towards my chin.  See, some of them are getting through, just not the ones that say 'step up,' or 'only have you knee bend so far.'  

And it's not like they're going to be playing around with my disks, there is nothing wrong with my disks, they're fine.  All my surgeon is going to do is take the pressure off of my L4 and L5 nerve roots.  I guess because I have limited mobility I must not be feeling good.  That's not true at all.  I'm feeling fine.

No comments:

Post a Comment