Bluntness

I've also been told I have little tact, so if this offends you simply ride on.

Sunday, April 26, 2015

Letting it grow

It is a beautiful spring day here in Central Pennsylvania, and, unfortunately I am stuck in the house for at least another 2 weeks.  All I have managed to get off both the front and back porches, that's about as far as I can venture without worrying about falling down.  Anyway, as I was sitting looking out my dining room windows at one of the river birch's I'd planted in my yard, I thought back 4 years ago to when high winds nearly ended it's life.  In fact, I watched as those winds plucked a 100 foot cherry tree off the hill in back of my house and dropped it on both the fence and the river birch.


Anyway, my neighbor Mike rushed over with his teeny weeny chain saw.  "We need to cut this up," he'd said, and started sawing his way through branches.  "No, no," I said, as he approached the smashed river birch.  "Let that go, it may live."  "But it's going to die," he'd replied, "it's all broken up."  So I repeated myself, "let it go."  He shrugged his disapproval and moved back to the cherry tree.

This beautiful spring morning, sitting in my dining room, I took a picture of that very same river birch.


As you can see, it did not die.  Some times we have to just let things grow.  Now if only I could get out and mow the lawn.


No comments:

Post a Comment