Bluntness

I've also been told I have little tact, so if this offends you simply ride on.

Sunday, March 18, 2018

Chaste

Well, here it is, Sunday morning and the dogs are chasing each other around downstairs with a squeaky toy - probably one of the purple squirrels.  Of course, they don't know that it's a purple squirrel, they're dogs, all they know is that when they squeeze it in their mouths it squeaks.  Needless to say, even though they have several purple squirrels (and a purple chipmunk) they're only interested in one at a time.
Did my weight training this AM.  40 Minutes - not bad.  For good measure I threw in some squats... I hate squats, however, they do help to keep the buttocks shapely.
I also have a weird schedule today.  Split shift.  This evening is our Success Sharing meeting - that's when we get our bonus checks.  Normally, because I have Direct Deposit, I can see what's going into my account before I even get the check (deposit notice), but not this time.  They're keeping it secret.  I hope that means it's going to be a good one, I need to start moving money into my 'tax' account for this year's real estate taxes.
About a year ago I started putting words together, fiction.  I've started giving bits and pieces out to friends to get some sort of feedback.  This may get interesting.

An attractive, well kept lawn
My friend Patty's birthday was yesterday... that's right, she was born on... St Patty's Day.  For a birthday present she'll get a free movie.  She's said something about wanting to see Death Wish (heavy duty sigh).  Rotten Tomatoes gives it a paltry 17% rating - that's not good.  So maybe I'll take he to see "The Greatest Showman," which, surprisingly, is still playing.   If that's what we see, it'll be the first time I've every paid money to see a Zac Efron movie...  actually, I don't think I've ever seen a Zac Efron movie and I'm wondering if, perhaps, maybe I should remain chaste in regard to this one.

5 comments:

  1. I'd paid to see Hugh Jackman and his Huge Ackman but I'd pass on Efron.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ... well, that bearded lady does sing that Oscar nominated song, and Hugh is... well, there's only one Hugh

      Delete
  2. I do squats with a stability ball against a wall. there are 2 other machines I use that help with butt firming. so far, mine is still large and jiggly. pix of yours would be helpful to motivate me to work for a goal (hint hint).

    but but but hugh jackman...ignore the rest of the cast!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do my squats with free weights, 40 lbs which lifts... and tightens... my gluts

      Delete
  3. Saturday was St Pddy's day? Dammit, it's also my daughter in law's birthday and I missed it. Since they live in Mauritius, all I can do is send a very contrite email. Thanks for reminding me.
    I'll think about Hugh Jackman to cheer me up...

    ReplyDelete