Surprise! Yesterday's high did not climb into the low 80s (F) as the forecast had been predicting. While the temp scooted around 79 (F) for most of the afternoon, there was a wind. Now, I'm not talking about the occasional breeze. Nope. We had winds from the west that did a good job of keeping the gnats at bay; I only got 2 bites.
And I did spend a bit of time outside cutting up branches yesterday afternoon. My neighbor across the street is letting me borrow a teeny, tiny Ceepuy chainsaw that's about 6 inches long. Let me tell you, that sucker is great for cutting up cleaning the branches so I can shove them into my wood chipper. Looking out the window from my writing desk, I can say with certainty that a dent was made in cleaning up my... well, cleanup. I have some chores to run this morning, but I'll be out again this afternoon.
I did postpone the ride I had scheduled for yesterday afternoon; too many other jobs are taking precedence. I'm only planning on doing the short upper-body workout this morning. I want to get this clean-up complete as soon as possible, and that means spending more time out back this afternoon. I texted this to my trainer, who replied that I'm probably getting more exercise doing this than if I were doing my full routines. I'm going to agree with him on this.
Everyday I'm harvesting more tomatoes. Today I'm going to make a pasta tomato salad which, hopefully will cover meals for today, tomorrow, and Sunday. Oh, and I'm also going to be making bread pudding. Yum. Yesterday's harvest.

The last thing we need is his fat self in the midterms yet.
ReplyDeleteYour tomatoes looks wonderful. This weather has been so nice, I keep pinching myself to make sure I'm not dreaming. I'm off the New Hope to visit folk for the weekend after work.
Poor Leon, his money only buys him loathing.
ReplyDelete