Bluntness

I've also been told I have little tact, so if this offends you simply ride on.

Tuesday, September 15, 2026

Mitch Rolls In

The temp was 68 (F) when I left work last evening.  When I woke up this morning, the outside temp was 49 (F).  We are definitely experiencing a cooling off.  We're about a week away from Autumn, and I'm ready.  By next week our daily highs should be in the upper 60s (F) to low 70s (F), that's sweater weather; time for the cozy comfort of sweatpants and sweatshirts.

So, my flooring sale went through yesterday, that should keep management happy.  The only thing that will make them glum is the fact that I haven't gotten a measure so far this week.  This is the time year when people start to consider new flooring for the holidays; they want to impress during the holiday get togethers.  However, the price of diesel fuel has a direct influence on how much we charge for products, as well as the amount that people are willing to pay.  So, we may be hitting a very dry season.

I did get a morning workout in yesterday.  I'm taking the bits and pieces of my Trainwell workouts and repurposing them into something new and exciting.  I haven't actually canceled my subscription, but that will happen shortly.

I'm also considering buying a grain grinder and milling my own flour.  I'm seeing a lot of good things about spelt, which is an ancient wheat.

After 3 months, a rather slack jawed Mitch McConnel returned to work yesterday.


He is non-mobile, meaning he needs to be rolled to where ever he needs to go.  There are no pics of him voting, but supposedly he did.  He can't seem to keep his mouth open for very long.  As someone said, he is becoming the poster child for elder abuse.  

One of the suspected reasons we have so many tech billionaires saying we need to slow down AI is that it's generating no income.  Expenses are going through the roof, but there are apparently very few buyers for the services it provides.  This is not good for Orangie's son, Donny Jr.  He is heavily invested in an AI company, which is the main reason Orangie's shrieking that we need to go full speed with AI.    As is always the case with Orangie, it's always about the greed.


10 comments:

  1. The footage of McC gives me the creepy crawlies. And the latest on AI and its tech bros is entertaining!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Agreed, there's no one home, just like the Republican party.

      Delete
  2. Talk about elder abuse, the rump is the poster child. His gang should do the right thing and get him into a care home where his mental illnesses can be treated, as if that would ever happen. He is getting more dangerous by the day. It’s time to have a mandatory retirement age for political members. Maybe 70. Sooner if they are mentally ill. Did the Supreme Court actually go against rump regarding postal service not delivering ballots? Mitch not looking very alive, a vegetable on wheels? I am not as nasty as I come across, just so sad at what is happening to our neighbours to the south. Gigi

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mandatory retirement is a yes, and 70 sounds like a very good cut off age. To get it passed, we'd need to have a majority of Congressmen and Senators who were under that age and that might be difficult.

      Delete
  3. This is McTurtle's legacy now, being pushed around in a wheelchair because he's unable to move on his own.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ohh so December is New Floor Time, no?
    And The Turtle made it back to work? Very Weekend at Bernie's if you ask me. That fixed smile? The wheelchair? Non-verbal? Part of me is gleefully watching the Repugs dragging his almost-carcass all across the city. No peaceful retirement for this one. And he deserves everything he's getting.
    I'm waiting for the AI bubble to burst. It won't be pretty.

    XOXO

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The problem with McConnell is that there is probably too little left of his brain to this is Karma. And that bubble's going to go, the same way the real estate bubble went.

      Delete
  5. I was at the old fogies club yesterday and we were talking about AI. While it definitely has its uses there does seem to be quite a bit of backlash against it too. My medical reimbursements are processed so quickly (10 minutes in one case) that I reckon it's done by AI but I'm not sure how the more complicated medical reimbursement cases would work out!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. One of the big problems with AI is that they're finding out that they have difficulty keeping from writing new programs and then lying about it.

      Delete