Bluntness

I've also been told I have little tact, so if this offends you simply ride on.

Wednesday, August 26, 2026

Desperate Measures

Another night of decent sleeping weather.  At 0730, our outside temp is 59 (F).  If the weather forecasters are correct, our high this afternoon should be around 80 (F).  That's warm, but not hot.  Believe me, things would feel a lot hotter if this were the middle of July.  Of course, that might only be how I perceive things.  I think this has to do with the angle with which the sun's race hit the earth, but my science is not good enough to define this as fact.

Yesterday was somewhat busy.  I mowed the grass and wacked the weeds.  Howie found a branch that's too heavy for him to bring into the house.  This is fine.  He's learning his limitations.  I was supposed to ride my bike, but used the mowing and the wacking as my cardio.   My trainer had no problem with this.  I'm of the belief that pushing around my mower and waving around my wacker provides better exercise than riding around in a cart playing 9 holes of golf.  There might be some health benefits in walking those 9 holes, but the cart?  Absolutely not.

This week is odd because I have 5 days off in a row.  While there are plenty of things to do with the house, I'm finding that I'm mostly uncomfortably whiling away the hours.  I am not used to sitting around.

I'm still waiting to see if the blog gets approved by Ad-Sense.  I've read that the process can take between 2 and 4 weeks.  If I get approved I might be able to buy an even better bottle of wine, if not?  Well, that's how life is.

When I saw the news of Dolly's death I had to cry for a bit.  

And then there's this turd: John Ratcliffe flew to Russia yesterday.  


He flew there on the quiet, dignitaries don't usually fly on military transports.  No one knew he was a passenger on a plane that flew from Washington, DC, to Latvia, and then Moscow.  People didn't putting things together until there were photos of an automobile with dignitary license plates speeding to the Kremlin.  So, why the big mystery?  Is Orangie getting new marching orders?  The internet is rife with suspicions that I will not repeat here.  My take is that things are not going according to plan.  Every attempt Orangie has made to help his blo bro Vlad have failed.  Orangie, himself, initiated another unjust war that is failing.  And here in the states, the anger against this administration is growing almost exponentially.  The people who thought they would be winning are losing mostly because their plans were based on assumptions.  The target audience for these people is not even close to being as large as they thought it was.  I suspect there is the likelihood of desperate measures that will fail. 



No comments:

Post a Comment