Bluntness

I've also been told I have little tact, so if this offends you simply ride on.

Wednesday, August 19, 2026

Butler County

Temps dropped overnight and I woke up this morning to a cool 61 (F).  Today's high is supposed to be in the mid to upper 80s (F).  I don't know if that will happen or not.  For the rest of the week our daily highs are supposed to be in the mid 70s (F).  Autumn approacheth!

Yesterday I went down to York to have lunch with my friend Betsy.  Usually we get together on a Sunday, so having lunch on a Tuesday was a first.  Our routine rarely changes, we start off at start off with Chinese Buffet and then move on to Dairy Queen.  Well, the buffet just happens to be closed on Tuesdays, so we lunched at the Linden Diner. and instead of Lo Mein and General Tso's Chicken, I had a Philly Cheesesteak.  The change was good.  I only half at the restaurant, then last night Howie and I finished off the sandwich.  This was a first for him and he loved it.

And that was what I did yesterday.  Not much more.  

Today is going to be busier.  I have an upper body workout scheduled for this morning, but there are other things needing to be done.  

Right now I'm listening to that misogynistic musical My Fair Lady and right now Henry Higgins is singing "why couldn't a woman be more like a man."  Makes you wonder if that the reason Hank was such an old bachelor doesn't it?  Makes you wonder how the show would play if Eliza was actually Eli.

And there were elections yesterday... for the midterms.  And The Guardian asked why Progressives are so popular.  A big hint?  Wealth inequity.  Billionaires have a problem, a vast majority of the American population despises them and their insufferable attitudes.

Democrats are celebrating here in Pennsylvania because Brandon Dukes beat Scott Timko in Butler County.


The Orange Anus won District 12 by 18.4% and the district has been deeply red since the 1990s.  Even though Dukes' win wasn't a landslide, the flip is what's so super important.  

Republicans seem to be having quite a number of closed door meetings.  They see problems all over the country.  In Ohio, where they've buddied up to the billionaires in an attempt to fill the state with data centers, they're finding millions of voters are shouting "not in my state."  And all those buckos the billionaires are spending are having no effect.

In Michigan, Republicans are shrieking Muslim and only their base is paying attention.  This is what happens when you isolate you message in order to appeal to one specific group.

The exodus of aides from the White House has also started.  These are the people wise enough to try and get to higher ground before the tsunami hits.


No comments:

Post a Comment