Bluntness

I've also been told I have little tact, so if this offends you simply ride on.

Saturday, August 15, 2026

Those 42 Days

Our outside temp is sitting at a comfortable 67 (F).  Yesterday, our afternoon high got up to 89 (F), which I consider warm.  Today's high should be a single degree cooler, though knowing the inaccuracies of weather forecasting, I'm suspecting we'll be topping off in the low 90s (F).  Tomorrow we're supposed to have rain, of course I have plans for tomorrow.

Yesterday bordered on being one of those meh days.  Rather than do my morning workout, I spent an hour out chipping away at the branches.  I am pleased to say I am quite possibly 1/3 of the way down with my sawing and chipping.  That may not seem like much, but when you think about what I was dealing with it is rather amazing.

I was chatting yesterday with my trainer.  He thinks I should work through the end of the August before putting my Trainwell subscription on pause.  We are of 2 different minds.  I'm going to do a short upper body workout this morning, and then I'm going to start a 90 day pause.  I will resume the workouts in the middle of November, that will give me 2 weeks to decided if I want to continue working with Trainwell.  I'll be 74 by then and I may find something more interesting than Trainwell.  Tai Chi might be interesting.  Lower body strength is important in keeping us older people from falling down.

Today's going to be somewhat busy since I'm scheduled to sit at the flooring desk for 6 hours this afternoon.  I'm interested in seeing if any of the measures I set up have sold.

With all of the chatter about the Abraham Lincoln, I thought I'd post pic of the little boat I was on.


I spent a small portion of yesterday chatting with some of my old Navy buddies and the longest time we ever spent at see was for 42 days back in 1973.  Most of that time was spent doing air operations in the Tonkin Gulf.  Our normal schedule was to be "on station" for ten days and then 14 days spent off, with most of our off time being spent in Subic Bay.  We spent those 42 days at sea because our relief, the USS Ranger, developed elevator problem and couldn't move aircraft from the hanger bay to the flight deck.  What do I remember most about those 42 days?  The UnRepS, or Underway Replenishment Services, when helicopters lowered hundreds of pallets of food onto our flight deck.  A well fed sailor is a happy sailror.

The understatement of the day goes to the Washington Post which this morning printed that the Orange Anus is "very unpopular in swing states."  


No comments:

Post a Comment