Bluntness

I've also been told I have little tact, so if this offends you simply ride on.

Sunday, October 27, 2024

Persevere

 So, while my water problem has not been fixed, is has been remedied by what some may consider a strongarmed, turned the water off to the entire house. I did pick up popular water control products before I left the store yesterday, and they failed to work.  Rather than constantly empty buckets of water, I went down into the basement and turned the water access.  It took a while, I have a lot of pipeage, but the leak went from a steady drip, to a slow dribble, and finally stopped.  Now everything will stay dry until I get a plumber here.

My lower bowel turbulence seems to have subsided.  Yesterday, while working, I had developed a craving for tater tots, so on my way home from work, I picked up a bag.  I also picked up a small Italian sub, which became my first solid meal since the onset of the turbulence.  The tots are waiting for today.

And work was not so much boring as it was tedious.  There were a number of customers asked questions, but didn't set up a measure, or buy any product.  We had a woman, wearing a sport coat and black blouse and slacks, and her husband, wearing a red polo shirt, with black slacks and a braided black belt, come in with their contractor.  We were supposed to be impressed by their apparel.  We weren't.  Financially successful people don't dress for success to shop for tile and the great, orange,  home improvement retailer I work for, they just show up.  And they never rely on some guy wearing a T-shirt and jeans to tell them what's stylish.  There is a difference between a designer and a contractor.

And, simply because you might find this interesting.  Here's a pic of me in the T-Shirt I bought when I went to see Paul McCartney.  That was such a good show.


If you don't count today, there's 9 days left until the election (I think that's right).  Since I don't watch cable, I'm not being pummeled with political ads.  I do feel sorry for those of you who do and watch television.  Please... watch something on Neflix instead, or Disney, or Hulu, but only if you've paid not to have commercials.  People tell me they are almost constant.  Having the little patience I do have for advertising, I could not deal with this.  Persevere.  It will all be over soon.



1 comment:

  1. I only see a lot of ads on the morning news shows so ....

    ReplyDelete