When I got up this morning, our outside temp was 71 (F), so we didn't get to cool off last night, and there supposed to climb into the low 80s (F) by this afternoon. Also, thunderstorms are again on the menu. A look at the weather map shows storms already beginning to pop up out near Pittsburgh. And, since the earth spins on an axis, they will be moving east. The guys who make a living predicting the weather say they should be arriving early this afternoon.
A lot of cleaning was done yesterday. Focus on the kitchen floor. I installed vinyl plank flooring in my kitchen. Because 80 + pound dogs don't get a lot of traction on vinyl planks, I have area rugs. Some get vacuumed, some get washed, and yesterday, one of them became Howie's most favorite new toy. Believe me, he was not going to let that thing go without a decent sized treat.
I started to watch Telemacas (sp) on Netflix last evening. Elizabeth McGovern is one of the stars, but only in the first episode, after that she disappears. The show is based on an Anne Rice novel (?) While I liked the book Interview With the Vampire (I hated the movie), I'm not a big Rice fan. About 2/3 of the way through the 2nd episode I realized the show was missing something, like interesting characters. So, I'll not be watching the remaining 3 1/3 episodes.
I see where Rick Scott, the Senator from Florida, is blaming Ronnie DeSantis for the state's serious decline in tourism. As a reminder, Ronnie's the one who said Florida is where Woke goes to die. Now we know he misspoke. He actually mean to say "Florida, where Tourism goes to die."
Last evening on Fox Entertainment, Laura Ingraham was shrieking about how the midterms were going to be devastating for Republicans. Republican pollsters shouldn't be predicting doom and gloom. Basically, she was telling them to lie like she does. Laura doesn't understand she gets paid very well to lie, while those pollsters and their families are dealing with the higher gas prices, and higher food prices. And they definitely can't afford to fly down to Florida to watch turism woke die.
I love the look Howie is giving. His fur looks like velvet.
ReplyDeleteThe snowbirds aka Canadians warned Ronnie D that they would go elsewhere. They meant what they said. And because the state, with no income tax, relies on tourist fees to fund the government it’s hurting. Oh darn.
Oh Howie is going to need a good treat in exchange for that rug! LOL
ReplyDeleteAnd I was in Florida in July and people kept telling me it was 'not like past years' even though everything I saw in Miami was crowded. But yeah, I imagine that not much international tourism is getting there. And the Canadians are pissed at Cankles so there's that.
Laura Ingraham is a despicable human being. But yeah, Repugs ARE worried. No amount of lying is gonna beat the $4.00 at the pump.
XOXO