We dropped down into the mid 50s (F) overnight. Today's supposed to be bright and sunny with a high in the low to mid 80s (F). Those people in the weather office, however, say that this coming week temps are going to soar in the mid to upper 90s (F) again for a day or two. Even though we're not even close to being far enough into September and are still officially summer, there are those who are going to be running around crying Indian Summer. Interesting fact, other countries experience the same phenomenon, however they use names like Old Woman's Summer, or Saint Martin's Summer, and simply call it Second Summer.
Even though I didn't do my morning workout yesterday, I was busy. Plants were repotted. I also hung that gift I received from the Lebanese associate who worked in the flooring department for about a year. Twice a year he and his wife would spend a month in Marrakesh, she owned an apartment there. One time before they left, I jokingly said he should bring me back a souvenir, and he did. I've posted a picture on earlier blog, but here's one with it hanging on the wall.

And the Orange Anus is going ahead with his plan to cut down all 138 cherry trees in Washington. He's going to expand a golf course because he wants to be the most authoritarian president this country has every seen. For those who don't know, his terrible business practices nearly destroyed the Trump brand. The only thing that kept it from dying in obscurity was an idiotic reality TV show that was based totally on lies. Well, his terrible business practices are now doing the same thing to America. One of his many problems is that he believes that cheap, tawdry, and tacky are definitive adjectives of greatness. This means he will tawdrify, and cheapify, and tackify everything he can get his tiny little hands on. He has no appreciation for beauty. Only the gliterization with fools gold and rhinestones catches his eye. He actually believes that this destruction will glorify his name for centuries to come. He has no idea that the expunging of his name will be a monumentally joyous task for so many millions of not only Americans, but people around the world. And his supporters? They have no clue that they will be held accountable for all of his wanton destruction.
First off, I love the gift.
ReplyDeleteSecondly, if the GOP doesn't try to stop this cherry tree nonsense then they deserve everything bad that comes at them. I am so tired of them just letting him do what he wants because they're a'scurred'a him.
Fuck all the way off.
The gift is handmade and very unique. And sadly, I do think many in the GOP believe his lies.
DeleteThe Orange Anus is going to shit all over everything that was once beautiful in Washington before he's done. His soul is so rotten and corrupt that it bleeds out into everything he touches.
ReplyDeleteYepper, and the backlash is going destroy the Republican party
Delete