Bluntness

I've also been told I have little tact, so if this offends you simply ride on.

Saturday, August 8, 2026

Screwed For Life

Our afternoon high is supposed to be in the 90s (F).  Yesterday we almost hit that number, and then the rains came.  We had an hour of what you could call soaking rain.  Of course, they did little to alleviate the humidity.  Our dewpoint is at 70 and I do not doubt that number will go higher.

Yesterday was different.  My morning workout went well.  Everything was find until... they shut down my street in order to dig up a sewer line 5 house down on the left.  Because there are a number of houses between the dig site and the closure sign, a man with a green fluorescent vest was stationed out front.  Because Howie couldn't decide if he was a future friend, or a brightly colored threat, he was constantly going in and out.  About every 10 minutes he'd bark out "Friend or Foe."  As a result, nothing really got done. I did go to the supermarket, but unfortunately bought a frozen pizza which insure there was an hour of silence when he and I took a nap.

I work this afternoon, though not at the flooring desk.  I'll be in the paint department.  That's fine with me, in fact my hours might be increasing because one of the associates applied for promotion into lower management.  If she gets it, then someone is going to have to fill her hours.

Just in case I forgot, The Body in 4/4 Time is now available at Barnes & Noble.


When I hear someone like John Cornyn saying things like "there's nothing we can do to rein in the president," I get worried.  When I see the Senate confirming Orangie's personal attack attorney as the Attorney General for the United States, I get worried.  But then I see that a judge has paused construction on Orangie's ballroom and I feel a little relieved.  When I see that his approval rating is in the low 30s, I'm okay with that, states like Mississippi and Tennessee giving him approval ratings of 59% will always screw up the numbers.  These are states where white people are fighting a losing battle in when it comes to remaining the majority.  Time doesn't heal all wounds, but it is changing the color of American Voters.

Did Bill Cassidy vote for Todd Blanche under duress?  Watch the videos and decide for yourself.  If he did, then he put himself into that position.  That's the problem with crime families, all you have to do is accept their terms once and you're screwed for life.


1 comment:

  1. Cassidy's a fucking wimp; he lost his bid for reelection and then pulls this shiz. Piss off.
    I just read that three GOP governors endorsed Jon Ossoff's bid for reelection, so there is a glimmer of hope for some in the GOP.

    ReplyDelete