Wowza! Did we get rain yesterday? Drizzles and showers turned into torrential downpours. We had ponding, laking, and a little flash flooding. There was thunder and lightning, but no wind, Believe me, I've had enough 60 mile an hour winds to last me and my trees a lifetime. Things are expected to dry out today, but then tomorrow we're going to have more rain. The forecast do not bode well for yard cleanup this coming week since my big tools are all electric.
Yesterday was a very slow day, again, at the orange home improvement retailer I work for. We do tend to be slow right now because August is vacation month. Vacations are expensive this year; 3 days at the shore is going to cost more than a flooring installation. When I sat down at the Flooring computer, I discovered all of my old quotes were gone. This is a good thing. There is a certain point in time, usually 4 weeks, when you know the customer is not going to purchase. I've been told by our measurement services that time is actually 3 months. I stop calling customers after a month. At a certain point customer service ends and customer harassment begins.
Tomorrow, every specialist in my store, except for the part-timers, will be going to an 8 hour seminar down in Baltimore. As far as I know, only 2 specialists said they were going to need a room, both are flooring associates. Both thought this was great, they were each going to spend the night in a single room. 😂🤣😂 Yesterday I told the one I was working with that he was going to be in a double, possibly with someone he didn't know. He did a little research and discovered I was right. Both of these guys are... naive.
And then this bit of news started breaking yesterday.

Wow. I'm shocked beyond words about Cankles Corruption.
ReplyDeleteKIDDING!! Not surprised at all.
I tend to think Jeanine is packing up her boxed wine and a bunch of files and is making plans for the door!
Run, Jeanine, run for the hills!
ReplyDelete