We have 59 (F) outside and last night was great sleeping weather! Sunshine is on the menu for today, with temps in the 70s (F). That's another plus. Tomorrow, however, skies are supposed to be overcast and there's supposed to be rain. That's okay. I work. Our daily highs in the long range forecast might hit the low 80s (F). That's fine, too. I'm looking forward to autumn. Looking back, except for those 3 weeks during which our temps were simply scorching, this hasn't been a bad summer. But we did have severe storms. We had another yesterday afternoon. While there were some serious gusts of wind, the torrential rains were what caused all of the flash flood warnings.
No yard work was done yesterday because the threat of rain was constant. So, I puttered around the house, and worked on the book. The Cassadas, Carlos and Mary, have entered the plotline. I'd sent the first chapter to a reader for an opinion and received the comment, "at least no one's name ends in S." Some people have a problem with names ending in S when you make them possessive. Should the name be Cassadas' or Cassadas's. There are a lot of rule books, and depending upon which you follow, either example can be correct. So, I promptly informed the reader that he hadn't met the Cassadas yet.
I went to see The End of Oak Street last night. Set in the early 1980s, a family wakes up to discover that a 2 mile diameter section of their suburb has been transported back several million years. That's right, there are dinosaurs in the neighborhood. This movie rocks! For a long time scientists thought dinosaurs were large reptiles, then, as discovery and discovery was unearthed, they realized they were not related to lizards but to birds. Believe me, a T-Rex with feathers is far more terrifying than one without. Put simply, this is the story of the Platts trying to survive as their neighbors become dinosaur food.

3 jealous women over that piece of poo, just another distraction from those pesky files. Gigi
ReplyDeleteMelanie, the moment the check cleared: "Deed you meeeees me?"
ReplyDelete