Bluntness

I've also been told I have little tact, so if this offends you simply ride on.

Saturday, June 15, 2024

Toasty

 It's sunny, for the moment.  Later in the morning they're predicting winds, though no storms.  And, of course, beginning Monday, we  will be under the Heat Dome, as will much of the eastern United States.  Texas will be dangerously hot.  I feel sorry for those who understand there is such a thing as Climate Change, but have to suffer because their leadership runs away form science.

Yesterday, I did summerfy my house.  That means the window A/C unit is in the bedroom and the standpipe is in the hallway for my Central Air, in fact I turned it on.  It's always set at 74 (F).  I find that comfortable.  The temp upstairs was 79 (F), which is warm.  And yes, my Central Air relies on a standpipe.  This is because when I had it installed all those years ago, I was naive and thought Zimmerman Plumbing and Heating was doing the right thing.  They didn't.  The put the return vent for the second floor in the floor.  Well, since hot air rises, that doesn't work.  The standpipe basically raises the return vent to 6 feet off the floor.  Small businesses don't always have their customer's best interests at heart.

Anyway, when I went up into the attic to get the standpipe, I was stunned to see sunlight shining in around the front window.  That's right, around the window, as well as through it.  Well, damn.  I'd been putting off having the windows replace, now it looks like that's not going to happen.  So, I went down to the computer and filled in the necessary forms and within seconds I began getting phone calls.  I didn't answer any of them, but now I have their phone numbers and will start calling installers later this morning.   

The Dome.


One thing that I'm glad to see happening is more and more people, even media outlets, are calling out other news outlets, like the New York Times, and the New York Post, and the Wall Street Journal (the last 2 just happen to be owned by Rupert Murdoch) for their deceitful coverage of Biden.  Sinclair Group is another group of faux news stations that have been lying about the president's mental health.  Sinclair grew very upset when it was pointed out that its new stations were repeating almost verbatim from a article in the Wall Street Journal.  These outlets don't like this.  They want to be seen as the voice of conservative authority and, well, the truth hurts.  Isn't ironic that the fake media Trump's been shrieking about for so many years are those conservative networks and news shows?  I think so.



8 comments:

  1. Brace yourself for summer.
    And these so called media outlets have just as much hot air.:) -Rj

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not worried about summer. And the big papers are all so desperate, they can't lie fast enough.

      Delete
  2. And yet so few of these so-called news outlets reported on the electric boat and shark story from Demented Donald.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I went and had coffee then the market and then spent a nice time in the Mid Town Scholar Bookshop. Now a nice sit on the chaise outside.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lucky you, it turned out to be a very nice day.

      Delete
  4. I don't know what those media outlets have been saying about Biden as I don't read them but by god he looks ill. There's no way he can run again. What's the betting they'll try to shoe-in someone like Newsom at the last minute!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They won't. He'll win because he's the better of the 2 options we have. Alzheimers runs in Trump's family, and whereas before the media used to ignore his ramblings, they're becoming so frequent we're seeing it spoken of more and more.

      Delete