Here comes the Nor'easter... sort of, well, right now we have a lot wind. The rain is predicted to start off as showers this afternoon. Looking at a map, I can see that the rain bands are moving past Philadelphia and moving in our direction. We're supposed to get heavier rain late this afternoon and over night. The skies are not expected to begin clearing until Monday. Since I work the next 3 days, that's fine with me.
I had lunch yesterday with one of my editors, he has the first 10 chapters of The Body in the Words. I told him to be as critical as possible; you need to be able to take the bad news with the good. He said, "you're meandering a bit." And I said, "a lot of none essential horseshit?" His response: "you could say that," Long story to short: Much of those first 10 chapters is on the chopping block. Not surprisingly, I was hoping he'd say something like that because I was meandering. There was a time when I thought every word I wrote was sacred. Not anymore. Most readers don't want to sit back and say to themselves, "that's profoundly holy." Nope. They want the story to move. Progression is better than deviation.
The same thing holds true for this administration. There is nothing more devious than a Republican, and that includes all manner of conservatives, a group of soulless humans who care about nothing but themselves. I think they pride themselves on the fact that their hearts are empty. You can't hurt their feelings, but you can piss them off. Believe me, there are times when pissing them off is much more rewarding than simply hurting their feelings. When they're pissed off they make mistakes, and Lord have they been making mistakes.
Anyway, I posted this picture on Facebook noting how those suffering from dementia frequently suffer from uncontrollable outbursts, in fact, that a primary symptom of being dementiated.

No comments:
Post a Comment